Premed 101 Forums

Unable To Wait, Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean this actually makes more sense IMO, gives a person a chance to out-compete someone else with a slightly higher MCAT score depending on their social skills.

Well I guess I'm just speaking for myself lol. I have a lower GPA and took all the pre reqs. I did not too bad on my MCAT though. So compared to someone who did well for GPA because they did not take pre reqs (which is a huge assumption, I know pre reqs aren't the only difficult courses you can take), has an advantage over me in getting an interview even if they have a crappy MCAT. If that makes sense ..

True. Just sucks that they don't look at the MCAT til post interview. I'm sure lots of people meet the requirement for the MCAT but their score isn't very competitive. They may however have good grades and make the interview over someone with not as good grades but with a good mcat. I guess it just shows that they don't prioritize mcat that much.

If anything, I think the MCAT will be considered more greatly this year post-interview, due to the removal of pre-reqs! It's still a very important aspect of your application, so if you did well on it then that will only be an advantage

If anything, I think the MCAT will be considered more greatly this year post-interview, due to the removal of pre-reqs! It's still a very important aspect of your application, so if you did well on it then that will only be an advantage

Sorry I think I was misunderstood. I certainly agree ... just meant that it's unfortunate that it's only considered post interview. If they want to find other ways to evaluate science competency (outside of pre reqs), it would be ideal if they did that pre interview somehow lol... at least for those of us who took pre reqs and whose GPA have suffered a little as a result

Sorry I think I was misunderstood. I certainly agree ... just meant that it's unfortunate that it's only considered post interview. If they want to find other ways to evaluate science competency (outside of pre reqs), it would be ideal if they did that pre interview somehow lol... at least for those of us who took pre reqs and whose GPA have suffered a little as a result

I mean they could raise the cutoffs haha I think anything lower than 126 is pretty low, especially for the sciences.

Ah, my bad.

I agree with you, the MCAT would be a fair way to assess science competency, more so than prereq. course which, like all courses can be "gamed" to some extent! Just remember, if you get an interview, that nice MCAT score will be like your secret weapon, just waiting to be used! ;)

Archived