Premed 101 Forums

Effect Of Rejecting An Do Offer On Future Canadian Schools?

meddoc

Hi guys,

I fortunately secured an DO offer but I am contemplating on whether to accept it or not due to financial and family concerns. According to sdn, rejecting a DO acceptance will significantly diminish one's chance for US MD but I'm wondering if the same holds true for Canadian MD school. Also, if I accept this offer but later reject due to financial problems, would this leave a record on my file? I am in serious dilemma so any advice is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I fortunately secured an DO offer but I am contemplating on whether to accept it or not due to financial and family concerns. According to sdn, rejecting a DO acceptance will significantly diminish one's chance for US MD but I'm wondering if the same holds true for Canadian MD school. Also, if I accept this offer but later reject due to financial problems, would this leave a record on my file? I am in serious dilemma so any advice is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

It will have zero affect on Canadian MD.

It will also have zero affect on USMD, they do not communicate with one another.

If you cant afford it, then why did you even apply and waste money in the first place(unless these are new revelations, than sorry to hear that!).  

• 2 weeks later...

It will have zero affect on Canadian MD.

It will also have zero affect on USMD, they do not communicate with one another.

If you cant afford it, then why did you even apply and waste money in the first place(unless these are new revelations, than sorry to hear that!).  

Commons is absolutely correct.

Archived