Premed 101 Forums

Why Is U Of C So Quiet This Year?

• 5 weeks later...

I read on the U of C blog a post from a couple years ago that indicated what the terminology all meant and "Awaiting a Decision Regarding Interviews" means all 4 of your reviews have been completed. Now it's just a waiting game until the rest of the applicants' file reviews are complete.

Exactly - see the most recent blog post. 

? the most recent blog post is from September and doesn't address this question

Huh?

This is what comes up for me January 9, 2017 (surely I can't be the only one):

So, recognizing that I have been uncharacteristically quiet this cycle, we do have a few updates for people.

1. We are still finishing off the file reviews.  Some applicants are done, some are not.  When your four file reviews are complete, your status will change automatically in UCAN.  Whether your status changes early or late in the process means exactly nothing.  It all depends on who your reviewers were and when they did their work.  There are still several hundred reviews that have not been completed.

2. We anticipate having all the reviews done within about 10 days, and making interview offers by the end of the month.  Can’t be more precise about that.  Due to some staffing challenges (see below) we are running a little later than usual.  We are sorry about that, but it is largely outside of our control.

3. Applicants invited to interview will be sent information on the interview format so that they know what to expect when they arrive.  The interview process takes 4.5 hours, and we do three groups a day.  There is no advantage to being in any one group over another.

4. We have a very small office.  Myself and two full time staff people.  Sadly, our Admissions Coordinator is off on an extended sick leave for now, so we are making do with skeleton staff.  This is why we may not be able to respond to emails in a timely fashion or return phone calls.  Bear with us.  We are hoping things will improve when we can get some temp help in to the office.

Archived