Premed 101 Forums

Question

XJVH

Hello,

When it comes to submitting the documents required to prove quebec residency eligibility in the online application to McGill, can someone upload more documents than required or will the system just allow the upload of only the required documents ?

For example, in situation 6, can I submit more than 2 pieces of correspondence or the online system won't allow it ?

Thanks.

You can only upload one document, correct? so you create a single doc made of all the supplemental residency info you need. If you absolutely have to have 3 pieces of correspondence, put them all together in a single PDF and upload that (unless I'm missing something?)

^ ditto

I submitted one PDF and it had all the requirements plus a couple extra things just because. They said everything is good to go. So as long as it's under the maximum file size and you have the required documents, you're good.

Great !

I do have another question please.

In Quebec residency situation 6 the website says:

''We will validate your Medicare card to establish proof of residency for the 12 reference months. If your card does not validate, you will be required to submit proof of domicile. In general, cards with a sequence number of 01 and 02 (on the card between your name and date of birth) will likely not fulfill the residency requirement.''

The number between the name and date of birth actually indicates the number of times you have renewed the RAMQ card. So when the number says 03 it means that this is your 3rd card i.e you have renewed your card 3 times.

I was wondering how is it possible that an applicant needs to have renewed his/her RAMQ card for 3 times in order to prove that he/she has been living in montreal for 12 months ?

How long is a card valid for before it has to be renewed ?

Archived