Premed 101 Forums

Hey guys,

I am sorry if my question is off-topic but do you know how the pass/fail system affects the possibility for post-graduate applications?

Thank you so much for your help!

I don't know specifics, but I know a McMaster PA who wants to do a MBA but is finding it challenging because all of the schools they would want to go to looks at GPA in the applications. It depends on the school, but seems like most schools will calculate your GPA using graded courses only. Pass/fail courses are only used to meet specific course requirements.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know specifics, but I know a McMaster PA who wants to do a MBA but is finding it challenging because all of the schools they would want to go to looks at GPA in the applications. It depends on the school, but seems like most schools will calculate your GPA using graded courses only. Pass/fail courses are only used to meet specific course requirements.

Yea like I was wondering, for example, if I am applying to a masters degree and I use both my PA degree and my undergrad, would they be upset that my PA degree has no GPA?

Archived