Premed 101 Forums

Advice For Waiting For Interview Emails

Hi! 

Since the new year I have been feeling fairly anxious every morning when checking my email and several times per day. I know the emails don't normally come out till the last week of Jan but since 2017 hit I am much more nervous waiting. 

Does anyone have any tips or advice to help get me through the next couple of weeks of waiting? 

Thank in advance

I found the more times I apply, the less anxious I become lol. Working definitely helps, while also looking for better jobs. I am sure when you have school, studying for midterms gets you busy too but it is too early for that. Just hanging out with friends, and delving into all of your hobbies can help as well :). Good luck, and try to do anything to get your mind off of it.

Honestly, nothing helped me. I was nervous until May last year. It sucked and nothing I did could really take my mind off of it. 

Best advice: Stay off these forums. Unless you have a specific question, don't look. Don't guess about your chances based on past offers to other pre-meds. Nothing you do now can change whether or not you will be offered an interview. And nothing you do after an interview will change whether you will get in or not. 

I am not stressed at all this year. I think this comes from having gone through the process once already and also realizing that it is not the end of the world if medicine isn't where I end up in life. I explored other career options and realized that I would be fulfilled and happy in other areas and am prepared to pursue them should medicine not work out. 

Try your best to keep going through life like you have been for the past few years. Try to remember that even if medicine isn't in the cards for you this year, it doesn't mean that it will never be in the cards. There are many ways to reach your goals and even if there are upsets and bumps along the way, if its what you really, really want, you will find a way to get there. 

TL;DR: Keep living life. Hope for interviews, but realize that if you don't get them it's not the end of the world. 

I hope my 2 cents helped.

Honestly, nothing helped me. I was nervous until May last year. It sucked and nothing I did could really take my mind off of it. 

Best advice: Stay off these forums. Unless you have a specific question, don't look. Don't guess about your chances based on past offers to other pre-meds. Nothing you do now can change whether or not you will be offered an interview. And nothing you do after an interview will change whether you will get in or not. 

I am not stressed at all this year. I think this comes from having gone through the process once already and also realizing that it is not the end of the world if medicine isn't where I end up in life. I explored other career options and realized that I would be fulfilled and happy in other areas and am prepared to pursue them should medicine not work out. 

Try your best to keep going through life like you have been for the past few years. Try to remember that even if medicine isn't in the cards for you this year, it doesn't mean that it will never be in the cards. There are many ways to reach your goals and even if there are upsets and bumps along the way, if its what you really, really want, you will find a way to get there. 

TL;DR: Keep living life. Hope for interviews, but realize that if you don't get them it's not the end of the world. 

I hope my 2 cents helped.

thank you so much for this!!! 

This has really helped I am definitely not going to be checking this forum as much in the next few weeks. What has been helping me is applying for some Master's programs now which gives me hope that no matter what it will work out :) 

Best of luck to you and thanks again :) 

• 3 months later...

Archived