Premed 101 Forums

Mmi Prep - London On

Also, if you go to Western, the Student Success Center offers an MMI prep course. I've done one, and there are 3 others before April and they're really helpful. You do have to pay $10 each time but it gives you a good deal of practice and feedback.

Yeah! I heard of that, I just signed up today actually!

Yeah! I heard of that, I just signed up today actually!

Also, if you go to Western, the Student Success Center offers an MMI prep course. I've done one, and there are 3 others before April and they're really helpful. You do have to pay $10 each time but it gives you a good deal of practice and feedback.

How did you guys actually register? I've been trying to register for the Feb 3rd date by clicking event details on the success center calendar, but I don't see where to click to actually register

Edit: Spoke too soon.... got it figured out :)

How did you guys actually register? I've been trying to register for the Feb 3rd date by clicking event details on the success center calendar, but I don't see where to click to actually register

Edit: Spoke too soon.... got it figured out :)

You can only register 2 weeks in advance! So today's the day for the next one :)

Hey, is it more of a one on one practice session, or an actual circuit of stations?  I'm at  Western alumni and am wondering if it's worth it to travel for two hours to do one of these sessions. Thanks for your help! 

It's got like 7 stations! One acting, 2 "drawing", one writing and 3 behavioural/situation. You go through it twice: once as the interviewee and once as an interviewer/evaluator. You evaluate the other group as they go through and then you get a sheet of all their evaluations and comments

Hey, is it more of a one on one practice session, or an actual circuit of stations?  I'm at  Western alumni and am wondering if it's worth it to travel for two hours to do one of these sessions. Thanks for your help! 

Its worth it in my opinion! I signed up for two of them last year and travelled to London for them from Toronto. I'm now in my first year of med (ended up getting in somewhere that wasn't MMI though), but still definitely worthwhile experience. 

Nice, thanks aray623 and m_jacob_45 for your suggestions! Sounds like it's worth the trip back to Western for this!

It took about 3 hours or so right?   And were there any "professional" evaluators in addition to interviewee evaluators? 

No problem! Yes, it took about 3 hours, the evaluators were all students, so definitely take your feedback with a grain of salt. 

You are welcome! When I did it, it ran over 4 hours (started at 5:15 and ended at 9:30 - they do a debriefing which takes up some time but I would say doesn't really "help" you). And I would have to agree with what m_jacob_45 said about the student evaluators and their feedback. I thought I had a lot to improve on, and they all seemed to think I did pretty well. But that just might be me being my own worst critic! The practice was very useful though.

Archived