Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Interviews Regrets/invites 2017

SMT

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats everybody!!!! I've been waiting for his moment for over years!!!! But now they ask a photo identification and disclosure agreement to be updated. Do we wait their official email to upload them?

When you get your email there will be a link to a webpage with the non disclosure agreement as well as your photo identification that you'll be able to upload.

Edit: I believe you can find all the information here https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/mdis

TIME STAMP: 11:38 am 

Result: Invite
wGPA: 3.92
MCAT: Not Submitted
ECs: awards, founder of a mental health organization, multiple international volunteer trips, exec at school clubs, first aider, hospital volunteering, research assistant, TA etc. 
Year:  1st year out of undergrad

IP/OOP/International: IP

Letter of EC: No

Result: Interview!

wGPA: ~ 3.85
MCAT: 516
ECs: Basic science research with a few publications, research scholarships, team sports (just clubs and rec leagues), triathlete, volunteer work (nothing overly related to medicine), lots of work experience (always had 1-2 jobs on the go in undergrad to pay the bills)
Studies: Last year of PhD (Year 4)

Congrats to everyone who has heard the good news! 

I'm waitlisted for an interview spot :S

Time stamp: 12:00 pm

Decision: Reviewed - Decision Pending

wGPA: 3.75

EC: Research, volunteer in hospital and community centres, lots of experience working with young children

Studies: 2nd BSc

letter of EC: no

Here to hoping some good news is on the way!

TIME STAMP: 10:50am ish (minerva)

wGPA: 3.73
MCAT: 12/9/12
ECs: Decent amount of research (no pubs, but many conference presentations), first responder, hospital volunteering, working with people with autism, blog writer, some random hobbies
Year:  wrapping up MSc

The feels... Best of luck for those who are still on the edge of their chair!

i'm in shock...i checked about an hour ago i would say i was checking every 2-3 mins and around 11:40 mine change to interview invite. i'm IN SHOCK. TIME STAMP: 11:40am

wGPA: 3.3ish (I KNOW RIGHT)
MCAT: 10+/10+/10+ (basic sciences are very low so i submitted this)
ECs: masters + work experience...lots of other stuff PM if interested
Year: masters completed, working full time
Letter of EC: YES - no idea if they considered this or not

Also i applied MD/PhD and have no clue if i'm being considered for that at all, perhaps it'll come later? or perhaps i'm not going to be interviewed i'm really not sure. any other invites out there who received MD/PhD stuff? or applied in that stream?

So thankful, really shocked i burst out in tears because I couldn't believe it. i have worked my ass off for this and have been told by so many people i had no chance because of my grades. WORK HARD. DONT GIVE UP. YOU CAN DO THIS. 

An interview date just appeared on my Minerva !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I will update this post when I get the official email) I am crying. 

Invite

Date Stamp: 03/02/2017 - 11:15 AM (email saying «You have submitted applications to the DMD program in the Faculty of Dentistry and MDCM program in the Faculty of Medicine and have been invited to interviews by both faculties.)Location:IPwGPA: 3.6 Degree: M.Sc. (now 1st year of PhD)ECs: Lots of research during undergrad (might have compensated for the low GPA). 1 publication 1st author, 2 publications as co-author, scholarships for masters and PhD, Student associations during MSc and PhD, short experience (2-3 months) as a secretary in a dental office, watercolor and painting as a hobby and illustrated a novel.

Well-balanced individual that's what they are looking for. Your hobbies are very cool.

TIME STAMP: 10:08 am
Result: invite! 
wGPA: 3.73
MCAT: 515
ECs: lots of volunteering, scholarships/competitions, 2 year lab and some unique experiences :) 
Year: 4th year undergrad (last year)

IP 

GUYS IM A PRIME EXAMPLE of not having a stellar GPA and still getting an interview. For those kids with similar stats like me/applying in the future, don't give up hope! :DDDD 

TIME STAMP: XX:XX

Result: Invite MD-MBA

wGPA: 4.0

MCAT: PS/VR/BS/WS -NO

EC: A lot

Year: UG

Letter of EC: NO

Holy crap. I've never seen anyone get into that program. Congrats bud that is an accomplishment in itself. Best of luck

TIME STAMP: 11:45 or so

wGPA: 3.94 I believe
MCAT: 516 (126/130/130/130)
ECs: extensive (3y clinical experience, international presentations, 1000h+ volunteering, member of several med/non-med related committees and the usual stuff, work experience, several research awards)
Year: M2

Me too the only email I received about med was only to tell me that since I was invited for both med and dent it would be the same interview.

But I didn't receive the link that leads to the website where you can download the files to upload to minerva ( but I was impatient so I found the website by myself and updated it anyways...)

Archived