Premed 101 Forums

Concerned About Photo...

Hi, so I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and got my photo taken, and then I uploaded it to the Sharefile for Toronto.. and so in hindsight I'm not happy with how my smile looks in the photo, and also I was dressed in business casual (now, my friend told me the photo is supposed to be in the same attire you'll wear on the interview day)? Is there any way to change the photo, because from what I'm seeing there isn't? :(

Or, am I just worrying about nothing at all?

Thanks!

take a deep breath buddy, you aren't going to be denied entry because your photo was shitty. it's mainly to ID you since so many will be attending interviews. e.g. interviewer A thinks "oh that kid with the mohawk did some nice work but i don't remember his name"; well now he has a face to put down comments for.

i used my facebook photo lol, was too lazy to get anything formal taken or even scanned. worry about other things but not this

Hi, so I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and got my photo taken, and then I uploaded it to the Sharefile for Toronto.. and so in hindsight I'm not happy with how my smile looks in the photo, and also I was dressed in business casual (now, my friend told me the photo is supposed to be in the same attire you'll wear on the interview day)? Is there any way to change the photo, because from what I'm seeing there isn't? :(

Or, am I just worrying about nothing at all?

Thanks!

yeah it is nature to get worried about all the details - try not to. The only way your photo will negatively affect you is if YOU get worried enough about it to be a distraction. You have to stop things like that from happening :)

(coming from a person that has seen a lot of people freaking out understandably but uselessly about a lot of completely meaningless things for the interviews that no one but them cared about at all)

Does anyone know whether a photo that is not quite like a passport photo is ok to use? I have one where I'm slightly turned to the side and the background is kinda dark, not plain white at all. Otherwise, it is a relatively professional photo. I know the photo is used mainly for ID purposes, but I'm a bit worried about the dark background, especially if they print the picture off...

Does anyone know whether a photo that is not quite like a passport photo is ok to use? I have one where I'm slightly turned to the side and the background is kinda dark, not plain white at all. Otherwise, it is a relatively professional photo. I know the photo is used mainly for ID purposes, but I'm a bit worried about the dark background, especially if they print the picture off...

refer to my above post :)

(be a little anxious, be a little worried about the interview - it is natural and ha it is going to happen. Channel those emotions to preparing for the interview. let them crystallize your focus. Your photo or the colour of your shoes isn't going to be the issue).

Archived