Premed 101 Forums

# Of Interview Invites

Oh true! Thanks for the information guys!

Just to add, as I'm sure this question will probably get asked sometime soon:

Historically, it looks like there's a total of 197 offers made in each of the last two application years in order to fill all of the seats at Queens. This ratio of admissions offers : interview invites (~40%) I would imagine is near par with most Canadian schools.

Stats citation: https://afmc.ca/publications/admission-requirements-canadian-faculties-medicine

Historically, it looks like there's a total of 197 offers made in each of the last two application years in order to fill all of the seats at Queens. This ratio of admissions offers : interview invites (~40%) I would imagine is near par with most Canadian schools.

Stats citation: https://afmc.ca/publications/admission-requirements-canadian-faculties-medicine

Western and Mac are around 60%, which is significantly higher.

This is from Queen's FAQ page about the admissions process: 

Applicants are assessed in sequential steps.  The first steps are based on academic requirements - the GPA and MCAT scores.  Applicants who successfully make these cuts are invited for an interview and their academic marks are no longer considered in the admission process.  Those applicants are then assessed based on personal experiences and personal characteristics through an interview.

This suggests that EC's aren't taken into account before the interview invites, but the invites/regrets posts appear to suggest otherwise. Can anyone comment on this? 

Thanks in advance!

This is from Queen's FAQ page about the admissions process: 

Applicants are assessed in sequential steps.  The first steps are based on academic requirements - the GPA and MCAT scores.  Applicants who successfully make these cuts are invited for an interview and their academic marks are no longer considered in the admission process.  Those applicants are then assessed based on personal experiences and personal characteristics through an interview.

This suggests that EC's aren't taken into account before the interview invites, but the invites/regrets posts appear to suggest otherwise. Can anyone comment on this? 

Thanks in advance!

That is outdated! Apparently it used to be like that but (likely due to the number of applicants) it's not the case anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

The fact that 91 people declined an offer is really shocking to me. I guess that means 91 other people were accepted off the waitlist. 

Archived