Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2017

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if the 4 stations of MPI are marked independently? I am asking because I'm curious to know if I could maybe repeat the same story at two stations. Would they compare notes or is each station marked separately? 

fyi I think the name MPI confuses people into thinking it's a variation of MMI, but it's really a variation of a traditional interview that has more assessors and shorter time per assessor. so treat it as that - build rapport with your interviewer, repeat stories if necessary and appropriate, etc. and remember, the interviewer is there to help you get in and advocate for you to adcoms, not the other way around. don't get too stressed about little details like this :)

fyi I think the name MPI confuses people into thinking it's a variation of MMI, but it's really a variation of a traditional interview that has more assessors and shorter time per assessor. so treat it as that - build rapport with your interviewer, repeat stories if necessary and appropriate, etc. and remember, the interviewer is there to help you get in and advocate for you to adcoms, not the other way around. don't get too stressed about little details like this :)

Thanks, I did the MPI last year so I am familiar with the process. I was just wondering if I could repeat any of the things that I say in one station because last year I found that a lot of the things they asked me had significant overlap.  

Thanks, I did the MPI last year so I am familiar with the process. I was just wondering if I could repeat any of the things that I say in one station because last year I found that a lot of the things they asked me had significant overlap.  

ah okay. yea i wouldn't worry about it. just have a chat with them and talk about what you need them to know; realistically who has 20 different stories to tell 4 interviewers anyway?

Are all the invites for March Out??

Doubt it; still over a month left till' the first interview date in March and it's only been ~2 weeks since we saw the first date fill out. Chances are they haven't reviewed enough files to fill all March spots. Plus, based on the traffic of the invites thread, it's doubtful that the cohort reviewed and invited today was a large one, though this is merely speculative. 

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived