Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2017

Just called the admissions office to ask if all interview spots are filled, they said there are still spots and we could hear back any time between now and the end of the month (and in some cases up to two days before the interview date). I know this might be stressful but thought I would share so everyon's aware

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just called the admissions office to ask if all interview spots are filled, they said there are still spots and we could hear back any time between now and the end of the month (and in some cases up to two days before the interview date). I know this might be stressful but thought I would share so everyon's aware

This just made my blood boil. That is not OK. We have to jump through so many hoops, we deserve adequate notice.

I called admissions today as well and was told the exact same thing. I was informed that file reviews are still ongoing at this point, and that invites will be continued to be sent out up until the end of March, with some held on until up to the interview dates in case of cancellations. Also, although I was told that they cannot release information on the number of interview spots left, I was assured that there are still "quite a few spots left"

This just made my blood boil. That is not OK. We have to jump through so many hoops, we deserve adequate notice.

I assume (and hope) that that would just be for cases where someone has cancelled their interview time and they are trying to fill the spot so as many opportunities as possible are given out.

So it's still unknown to us all just how many files are still in the process of being reviewed. There can't possibly be many left at this point. And, as uoft can't tell us how many spaces are left to fill, "quite a few" gives me both renewed faith, with a mix of diminishing hope. Do we believe at this point that there will indeed be another invite wave before the end of March, or instead email invites will be sent on an individual basis up until the end of March...after which only the sporadic invite up to 2 days before the actual interview date due to any cancellations? This is my first application cycle and uoft is left as my only hope of an interview this year... ????

So it's still unknown to us all just how many files are still in the process of being reviewed. There can't possibly be many left at this point. And, as uoft can't tell us how many spaces are left to fill, "quite a few" gives me both renewed faith, with a mix of diminishing hope. Do we believe at this point that there will indeed be another invite wave before the end of March, or instead email invites will be sent on an individual basis up until the end of March...after which only the sporadic invite up to 2 days before the actual interview date due to any cancellations? This is my first application cycle and uoft is left as my only hope of an interview this year... ????

The only insight I can give is that when I spoke to admissions today, I was enthusiastically informed that file reviews are still on going, and that there are still "quite a few spots left." Now I know that's not much to go on, but the person's tone of voice over the phone energized me with hope. I wouldn't count out U of T until the 31st.

The only insight I can give is that when I spoke to admissions today, I was enthusiastically informed that file reviews are still on going, and that there are still "quite a few spots left." Now I know that's not much to go on, but the person's tone of voice over the phone energized me with hope. I wouldn't count out U of T until the 31st.

Thank you pixie094! Your post has renewed my enthusiasm and hope! 

I called admissions today as well. She told me that they are still sending out invites for the April 8/9 spots and should expect to hear between now and the 31st of March. I don't want to read to much into her tone of voice and go all Nancy Drew up in here, but she did have a positive tone. Hang in there guys. I know it's a long, long, long, long ... long process, but I feel as if the detailed file review system that Toronto has really does give all candidates that go through the review process an equitable chance. 

I called admissions today as well. She told me that they are still sending out invites for the April 8/9 spots and should expect to hear between now and the 31st of March. I don't want to read to much into her tone of voice and go all Nancy Drew up in here, but she did have a positive tone. Hang in there guys. I know it's a long, long, long, long ... long process, but I feel as if the detailed file review system that Toronto has really does give all candidates that go through the review process an equitable chance. 

Maybe everyone remaining is getting an invite

Thank you everyone who called the office and shared here!! Definitely renewed my hopes!! This was starting to feel like a repeat of the last two cycles where I was held until the Friday before the last interview weekend in case of cancellations....ugh. The waiting is painful, hang in there everyone. 

Ikr... at this point I don't care if the email tells me to go ride the shaft of an adequately sedated bengal tiger - any news is better than this torturous state of purgatory we call "March."

I just laughed at work for way longer than is appropriate after reading that

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived