Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2017

Can you not call them and ask? Not saying it in a sarcastic tone but genuinely curious. I don't see any reason for them to withhold that information.  I have the email of the Associate Registrar for UofT's med school in my back pocket if you need it. She could probably be more helpful than front desk reception. 

Didn't think to call, but I also don't want to be a bother - was simply posting on here in case anyone did have an answer.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible that Toronto just hasn't been sending out as many rejections at this point compared to other years?

I thought about this too. Considering that this year, the March interview dates are earlier than in previous years - March 25th and 26th, 2017 vs. March 7th and 8th, and March 12th and 13th for 2015 and 2016 respectively - it is likely that U of T has yet to send out as many Invites and Regrets as they have by this point in previous years.

I think there are still a lot to send out. Does the file review portion correlate to the time your application was submitted (ie. first applications received on OMSAS get reviewed first, last applications received for the last batch) or is actually random? I submitted my application near the deadline, so I'm wondering if it will be reviewed in the last-batch.

^ Probably random

almost certainly so - people have been speculating for years if there is some sort of pattern and no one has ever actually found one  :)

Even if they did for TO it would make in the end no difference as your application would still be evaluated the same way. Only thing is instead of a long wait post interview to May announcements you have a long wait pre interview just to get to the interview itself. Not actually sure what would be worse (?)

I think he/she is going based off of the 2 week period that UofT gives on their website, saying that that is the typical minimum amount of time they'll give you before an interview. But I was talking to some people who interviewed in April last year that were given invites the week of.

I think he/she is going based off of the 2 week period that UofT gives on their website, saying that that is the typical minimum amount of time they'll give you before an interview. But I was talking to some people who interviewed in April last year that were given invites the week of.

Yeah I have seen that before - I am sure they try to avoid it but their process is very time consuming. I am sure it is hard to perfectly time things. 

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived