Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2017

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is U of T holding off all the rejections? Does it mean the chances of those of us waiting getting an invite is significantly less?

Ok yes can someone please clarify this? I've been told conflicting things by U of T students. One said only incomplete files get rejected before April, the other said people are accepted and rejected (based on file scores) each batch. Does anyone know which it actually is?

are invitations given out only after any verifiers that are checked have responded/been confirmed? i know they'd contact us if they weren't able to reach a verifier, but it's really stressing me out

N=1 but exactly none of my verifiers were contacted when I got my invite 

Any chance there will be a wave today?

i think there's a good chance there will be, since uoft seems to like sending out most of their emails at the end of the week. but also at the end of the day, so if there is a wave today, it'll probably be around 3-4pm?

i think there's a good chance there will be, since uoft seems to like sending out most of their emails at the end of the week. but also at the end of the day, so if there is a wave today, it'll probably be around 3-4pm?

Really hope so! With TO, I am trying to just give up all hope because I feel this has been the longest anticipated wait in history (for me)

For those wondering about if rejections are sent out as much as invites during the waves, having spoken to someone at admissions here's what she said:

-We originally send out rejections for those applicants with incomplete files or that don't meet cutoffs at the beginning

-Each batch of files we review there are candidates we interview, those that we reject, and then some that they can't bring to interview but hold onto just in case they are more competitive in later batches or cancellations

-So some rejections are held onto because they're the most competitive of the rejections

Make what you want of this information but I think the best thing to do is to focus on interviews you have right now and prepare for those and don't let this seriously long wait get to you. I know it's easier said than done, but from someone who has been rejected at the very end of March for the past 2 years from UofT, it'll really stress you out if you let it get to you.

Good luck!

For those wondering about if rejections are sent out as much as invites during the waves, having spoken to someone at admissions here's what she said:

-We originally send out rejections for those applicants with incomplete files or that don't meet cutoffs at the beginning

-Each batch of files we review there are candidates we interview, those that we reject, and then some that they can't bring to interview but hold onto just in case they are more competitive in later batches or cancellations

-So some rejections are held onto because they're the most competitive of the rejections

Make what you want of this information but I think the best thing to do is to focus on interviews you have right now and prepare for those and don't let this seriously long wait get to you. I know it's easier said than done, but from someone who has been rejected at the very end of March for the past 2 years from UofT, it'll really stress you out if you let it get to you.

Good luck!

Really appreciated this post.

Do you guys know if 3rd year UGs have a disadvantage over 4th years other than not having wGPA? 

1 year less time to reflect upon/amass relevant experiences, which can reflect on the quality of the ABS. This is also disadvantageous at the interview stage. Whether or not a certain upper-bound limit to the amount of 3rd years invited/matriculated per cycle remains ambiguous (at least in terms of my own knowledge).

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived