Premed 101 Forums

U Of A Interview Invitation Thread

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IP 

31/49

What's the cutoff for interviews? They said that they wouldn't disclose any numbers at all in the e-mail.

I'm not sure they ever officially disclose the cutoff. Last year I was wait listed with a 29 so it would've been for sure below that but it could change year to year

GPA: 3.85

DAT: 73

Interview: 37/49

This is my first dent interview here but I've interviewed for Med 3 times now, and I feel like the scores seem lower than last years. Maybe tougher marking ?

First year here! You're stats are decent! I'd be shocked if you did not end up getting in! But don't quote me on that! 

Also, with the interview scores, I don't know if the marking is actually tougher. I thought that the same thing about my year as well! I think everyone ends up thinking that initially after hearing peoples scores! Just because you don't hear everyones scores, and it may be different once in the program. You may end up hearing the scores of individuals who ended up getting accepted, and those are typically higher! 

I helped a few people prep. One only did one night of prepping( the Friday before the interview) and sounded terrible IMHO and he got a 34. Another was near perfect, prepared for 6 months and got a 28. 

It's either the marking in the different stations was very different or they messed up with the scores. I'm totally surprised.

I helped a few people prep. One only did one night of prepping( the Friday before the interview) and sounded terrible IMHO and he got a 34. Another was near perfect, prepared for 6 months and got a 28. 

It's either the marking in the different stations was very different or they messed up with the scores. I'm totally surprised.

Was one more personable and the other more robotic? Ignoring their content

Not much difference. I honestly thought the one getting the 34 would get a 15-20 max and the other a 40 min.

Don't underestimate the pressure of the moment. The one who prepared 6 months definitely felt more pressure, and the one who barely prepped definitely felt better going in.

I actually feel like it's super subjective... I felt way more confident and better in my answers this year, but did way worse. I bet some interview groupd had super hardcore markers, and then the others were more easy going.

Archived