Premed 101 Forums

Admission Decisions 2017

snazij

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waitlisted, aka, purgatory? Excuse me while I atone for my sins over the next few months. (How many spots does the wait list have?)

I read a bunch of stuff about the wait list after my interview, and I can't find it now, but somewhere, it said that they choose the number of wait list positions based on the trends of previous years, ie they try very hard to only put people on the wait list that they think that they're going to "need" (or will come off the wait list - I'm phrasing this poorly, but hopefully it makes you feel a little bit less squishy about the whole thing).

Big run on sentence, but I'll update with the URL to where it was written if I can find it.

Thanks Vie! It's my second time applying to McGill (and third overall) so seeing something OTHER than refused was sort of like seeing a unicorn. And to everyone that's refused, I've been through it way too many times as well and it's probably the worst feeling in the world, just please remain hopeful you owe it to yourself.

is there some sort of appeal for admission decisions? I honestly thought my interview had gone well, im worried they didnt take the right science pre-reqs into account ( i had redone them)

there is an appeal process https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/after-youve-applied/reconsideration

I would definitely recommend emailing and finding out - it will not hurt you.

Waitlisted, aka, purgatory? Excuse me while I atone for my sins over the next few months. (How many spots does the wait list have?)

Do you know whether you accept the "waitlist offer" sooner or later would affect your position on the waitlist should spots become available? 

Archived