Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Interview Discussion/countdown To May 9 2017

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To pass the time...

What will be the first thing you do (apart from telling your loved ones) if you get in?

If I get in, I will have a mini-dance party, cry, scream, laugh, make the deposit, cry, look for LOCs, get a pony, and cry... not necessarily in that order.

To pass the time...

What will be the first thing you do (apart from telling your loved ones) if you get in?

If I get in, I will have a mini-dance party, cry, scream, laugh, make the deposit, cry, look for LOCs, get a pony, and cry... not necessarily in that order.

I'll probably do the same thing as you.  :P

To pass the time...

Use my loc to become a high stakes poker player ????

Or actually. Better yet, chuck it into a 50% roulette hand. Free med school ride!!

To pass the time...

Instead of the pony, I will get a bigger aquarium. This year is by far the best one for the trouts, we have plenty of water to swim in (thanks nature!) but my small aquarium is overfilled !!  :P   Looking forward to meeting you all next year :) 

To pass the time...

Lol probably the same. Definitely cry (I cried when I received an interview :$)

What are you guys doing this weekend to pass the time?

Lol probably the same. Definitely cry (I cried when I received an interview :$)

What are you guys doing this weekend to pass the time?

Might snag some tix to go watch the Sens game. Besides that... a lot of drinking :P

Edit: Only going to watch Sens b/c Auston Matthews couldn't get the Leafs to Round 2

Use my loc to become a high stakes poker player

Or actually. Better yet, chuck it into a 50% roulette hand. Free med school ride!!

We should all pool our LOCs together, buy a small island and build a School of Medcraft and Medzardy with four different houses where we help prep students for getting into Med school. I don't know how I came up with this totally original idea. Absolutely nothing to inspire me whatsoever...

We should all pool our LOCs together, buy a small island and build a School of Medcraft and Medzardy with four different houses where we help prep students for getting into Med school. I don't know how I came up with this totally original idea. Absolutely nothing to inspire me whatsoever...

Oh yeah I'm down. 

Hey guys,

Just read something on uOttawa's website and apparently ''following the interview, preliminary rank order lists are prepared based on the assessment of the autobiographical sketch, the WGPA and interview (a poor interview may not be ranked).

In the event of ties in the final scores, candidates with the highest WGPA will be ranked higher. The admissions committee may take other factors into consideration when ranking each candidate''.

So basically what it means is that they will consider our sketch to rank us post interview? 

Your lost friend suffering with u till May 9th  :confused: 

Hey guys,

Just read something on uOttawa's website and apparently ''following the interview, preliminary rank order lists are prepared based on the assessment of the autobiographical sketch, the WGPA and interview (a poor interview may not be ranked).

In the event of ties in the final scores, candidates with the highest WGPA will be ranked higher. The admissions committee may take other factors into consideration when ranking each candidate''.

So basically what it means is that they will consider our sketch to rank us post interview? 

That's the first time I've actually seen that on their website. Has the site been updated recently?

That's also not what they told us on interview day, regarding how post interview rankings are done.

Hey guys,

i doubt the sketch is being looked at ... cause on interview day something different was said

Hey guys,

I think we need the noble DonaldDuck to comment on this matter. 

Hello friends, 

Congrats to those who received an offer, and my sincere love to those waiting/ didn't receive one - please keep trying and your efforts WILL pay off! <3 

I have a quick, off-topic (sorries) question. The admission offer package states "The success of the current academic year, including having maintained your average; (your average must not be lower than the minimum WGPA cut off that was established according to your geographic status)".

Does this apply for course-based Master's students? That is, would marks from graduate courses be considered to meet this condition? 

Hello friends, 

Congrats to those who received an offer, and my sincere love to those waiting/ didn't receive one - please keep trying and your efforts WILL pay off! <3 

I have a quick, off-topic (sorries) question. The admission offer package states "The success of the current academic year, including having maintained your average; (your average must not be lower than the minimum WGPA cut off that was established according to your geographic status)".

Does this apply for course-based Master's students? That is, would marks from graduate courses be considered to meet this condition? 

I asked this question to the admissions office last year, all that is required is for you to pass your current year (meet your program's requirement), the grades are not taken into account for your Master's degree.

Archived