Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Interview Discussion/countdown To May 9 2017

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe I had 8 distinct questions/situations.. I talk a lot lol.

They kept adding layers to my ethical situations..

very similar experience for me with the layers.

Overall, I thought my interviewers were fairly nice, and hopefully, I was able to connect with them.

doing a lot of post-interview thinking these days about how my answers came across.

may 9th can't come soon enough!

how many people usually get waitlisted? does anyone get offf the bad waitlist ?

According to the official AFMC stats, 93 people got off the waitlist last year (cf. page 29). Keep in mind, this is all streams combined.

Assuming that for the english stream, they will grant 116 offers of which you can expect around 80 will decline. We could say that around 85-90 of the highest ranked candidates that didn't get an offer will be good waitlisted. All the other candidates will be bad waitlisted. Given they interview 575 candidates, give or take 319 candidates were bad listed.

https://afmc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/en/Publications/AdmissionRequirements_en.pdf

Hey guys,

I am a bit confused with what the difference is between "good waitlisted" and "bad waitlisted". At the information session, they told us that Ottawa U does not give out the number you are on the waitlist (unless I misunderstood due to post interview rumination!). Any insight about this would be greatly appreciated.

Best of luck to everyone!! I am sure May 9th will come before we know it :)

I think the "bad waitlist" is just a nicer way of saying you are rejected. Thats just MO, some of my friends who received that in the past never came off the waitlist, whereas those that were "good waitlisted' did.

So pretty much the chances are higher of getting off the waitlist if you are on the "good" one. They dont tell you exactly where you lie (what number in line) you are though

Hey guys,

I am a bit confused with what the difference is between "good waitlisted" and "bad waitlisted". At the information session, they told us that Ottawa U does not give out the number you are on the waitlist (unless I misunderstood due to post interview rumination!). Any insight about this would be greatly appreciated.

Best of luck to everyone!! I am sure May 9th will come before we know it :)

Its based on the wording of your waitlist letter. I believe the "bad" one has an extra sentence saying something like "in past years, people in your position on the waitlist have generally not received an offer". This sentence is left out of the "good" waitlist letter. 

The thought of actually getting into medicine keeps me up at night and gets me up early in the morning, what a rollercoaster journey these past few years have been. Have hope everyone :)

The thought of NOT getting in keeps me up too lol. oh how I cant wait for this next month to be over

^you mentioned in the UofT forum how you saw a really attractive woman in Toronto that you wanted to be with when you were there for some reason..  -_- hmm

Don't know what you're insinuating , but never mentioned I met her in Toronto fam, I met her at home. But she plans on attending grad school in Toronto... at the time I had not heard back from UofT... asked her out the day I met her though 

lol so she broke of a relationship that lasted 14 days? I didn't know that your gf (ex?) was that girl you mentioned in the post haha don't know what to tell you but don't lose sleep over it, it was 14 days no offence lol

Lmao burned bright and fast my friend, burned bright and fast

Wait, you officially became boyfriend/girlfriend on the day you met her? Fellas need to start taking notes from you, anbessa ;)

Haha, yeah - I asked her out in the moment and we just skipped class and spent the day tg. I was extremely up-front with what I was looking for... guess she liked that  ;)

Archived