Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I am worried because I am uncertain when the results will be released. None of my verifiers moved, but I find the verification process to be mysterious.  

Yes, it is my first time, that is why I was worried that none of my verifiers were contacted. Did U of C do some verification pre-interview as well?

Yes, it is my first time, that is why I was worried that none of my verifiers were contacted. Did U of C do some verification pre-interview as well?

Your level of anxiety tipped me off. The best thing you can do is stay off these forums. No one knows anything and speculating won't help. It will honestly make you way more stressed out than you need to be. The verification process does not give you any idea of your outcome in May. The ONLY reason you should be worried about it is if you lied on your application. 

You will hear about the decision in less than a month and either way you will survive. WORST case scenario is that you have to apply again with a greater understanding of the application and interview process. In the meantime, focus on your other life stuff. If you are looking for distractions, I highly recommend: The Mindy Project, Jane the Virgin, Game of Thrones, and Suits. By the time you power through all of those, decision day will be here. 

Alright!

House of Cards, WestWorld, BattleStar Galactica for TV

Wheel of Time, The Dune Series, A Complicated Kindness (or anything by Miriam Toews) for written

Gia, Requiem For a Dream, Magnolia for Movies

My favorites anyways.

Although now that I'm looking at it, it's science-fiction, and fantasy with a strong penchant for "the world is f***ed"

That or depressing stories about peope with sad lives.

Who even am I?

I recommend 13 Reasons Why. 

Just to add to the previous conversation about references, one of mine was checked about a week ago. It was just an email asking if they could confirm my activity in a club I was in. I wouldn't look into reference checking at all, I have a feeling it is 100% random and has no bearing on anything. I'm actually a little surprised that my reference for that activity was the one that got checked, I thought it was a pretty normal activity to have compared to some of my other ones but oh well.

Another great one if your waiting for game of thrones is "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix. New episode every week.

Also Community is pretty good (I really like that it doesn't have a laugh track which I find annoying).

The Last Kingdom is great but given how big the can bucket keg of worms they've opened up is, I expect I'll be watching the finale with my grandkids.

I recommend 13 Reasons Why. 

Just to add to the previous conversation about references, one of mine was checked about a week ago. It was just an email asking if they could confirm my activity in a club I was in. I wouldn't look into reference checking at all, I have a feeling it is 100% random and has no bearing on anything. I'm actually a little surprised that my reference for that activity was the one that got checked, I thought it was a pretty normal activity to have compared to some of my other ones but oh well.

I agree, I feel that verifier checks is 100% random, and has no bearing on admission offers. Few years ago, Dr. Walker said that they do verifiers check for 1/3rd of applicants.  

haha I guess I am...I have this little countdown going on in my head/that I tell people when they ask when I find out "Between May 1 and May 12" sounds a tiny tiny bit better than "Between May 1 and May 15" haha

I tell people I find out in June/July so they get off my case! Never give them the exact date, just in case I don't get in, the last thing I want is a bunch of people calling me to ask about the results

So if you get accepted, do you only have until May 30th to present them your police check and CPR-C? Or is the deadline for those later on? Also, at what point do you actually get an acceptance letter?

There are no physical mailed out acceptance letters (or at least there weren't last year). You just get the email/UCAN offer and you will also get confirmation documents telling you about all the things you need to do before school starts in your UCAN once you accept the offer of admission. If you need a physical letter for proof of enrolment you can request it from the UME. 

Police checks and CPR certs were collected during O-week for us. Vaccine deadlines will depend on what vaccines you need. 

Thanks MSWschnoodle! Yeah, I was wondering about that proof of enrollment letter for the bank and so on.

YesIcan55, where did you hear that May 26th is the deadline? I thought Dr. Walker said that this year's deadline for all school to send out their letters was May 30th. This may skew your projections by a few more days if it's true  :P

I don't see why they'd be bound to the Ontario schools at all. Their waitlist offers may depend on Ontario schools, although it will depend much more heavily on the UofA's admissions, as most students who get multiple offers will get the UofC/UofA dyad. As I've said before, I think the UofC will either be relatively on time or a bit late. I'm saying this because I thought that they contacted more than one verifier per person every year, and it seems like they're only contacting one per person this year. They may (or may not if I am wrong about this) have streamlined the process enough to still release results at around the same time.

Archived