Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so nervous... judging by a couple years ago when I got waitlisted at UofA/UofC, and how I've improved my whole application (minus MCAT), I feel like I'm a worthy applicant but I'm afraid my 124 CARS is gonna wreck me....I really don't wanna write the MCAT again for a 5th year in a row...

I'm so nervous... judging by a couple years ago when I got waitlisted at UofA/UofC, and how I've improved my whole application (minus MCAT), I feel like I'm a worthy applicant but I'm afraid my 124 CARS is gonna wreck me....I really don't wanna write the MCAT again for a 5th year in a row...

The entire process  and MCAT writing ( especially for people who wrote the MCAT more than once) is really difficult and painful.    I genuinely hope you make it this year :)

I am very sure that you are worthy applicant,  I hope U of C sees all your other great accomplishments :) 

I can definitely see where you are coming from, preparing for and writing the MCAT is quite draining. I feel as though, at least for U of C, a 124 in CARS shouldn't negatively affect your application too much. Its only worth 10% of your score, and obviously they liked you enough to give you an interview! I'm sure things will work out this year!

Thanks guys, I really hope the same for you as well, and for all of those members on here who have helped pass the time with this thread.

And I think is worth only 5% overall, which would especially suck if that what bites me in the ass

5 days until May 5th (best case)...11 days until May 11th (worst case)

...9 days left until May 9th (most likely case) 

PS- anyone else not get any of their verifiers contacted?

One of my verifiers was contacted ( it was for a normal activity in my Top 10/ it was the fourth activity in top 10).  

My friends' verifiers did not get contacted. They are not contacting everyone's verifiers 

The Calgary forum slowed down too, which doesn't help because I've been finding more and more thoughts of mine to be dedicated to the entire "will I get in? and what if I don't? but what if I do?" limbo. Hang tight, team! We're almost there :D

What a brutal wait. Only working part-time so the other time is spent binge watching shitty Netflix series....

The Calgary forum slowed down too, which doesn't help because I've been finding more and more thoughts of mine to be dedicated to the entire "will I get in? and what if I don't? but what if I do?" limbo. Hang tight, team! We're almost there :D

How about we chat about other things to distract ourselves? What are everyone's plans for this weekend? I just started the Netflix series "The Crown" and will probably binge that, maybe go running/swimming/hiking, watch some NHL games and of course, last but not least, retail therapy  :D

Archived