Premed 101 Forums

How about we chat about other things to distract ourselves? What are everyone's plans for this weekend? I just started the Netflix series "The Crown" and will probably binge that, maybe go running/swimming/hiking, watch some NHL games and of course, last but not least, retail therapy  :D

THE CROWN IS AMAZING! I want more episodes :'(. My thesis is due tomorrow.. after that I'm going to sleep so hard and get ready for vacation. This is my first summer off since high school and I'm going to make the most of it 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work weekends :P so at least I'll be distracted by just going at it full time on Saturday and Sunday. Who knows how I'll feel on Monday and Tuesday. Probably just kind of dazed. I'll go climbing. Maybe I'll buy a bottle of good wine, for whichever of the outcomes. Who knows.

If you have the ten bucks or whatever to spare, might as well. Also, does anyone know how to enrollment works? Say you get accepted and you pay the $1000. At what point after this do you get the letter of enrollment and thus can apply for a LOC, student loans, etc?

THE CROWN IS AMAZING! I want more episodes :'(. My thesis is due tomorrow.. after that I'm going to sleep so hard and get ready for vacation. This is my first summer off since high school and I'm going to make the most of it 

Yeah! I'm totally hooked - sad that there are only 10 episodes!  Hopefully we end up in the same class and can chat about it more when season 2 comes out in November! Good luck on your thesis, you will do awesome  ^_^

I work weekends :P so at least I'll be distracted by just going at it full time on Saturday and Sunday. Who knows how I'll feel on Monday and Tuesday. Probably just kind of dazed. I'll go climbing. Maybe I'll buy a bottle of good wine, for whichever of the outcomes. Who knows.

Good plan! I think all of us should go to the nearest liquor store and purchase a bottle of good wine as we wait this week out  :P

If you have the ten bucks or whatever to spare, might as well. Also, does anyone know how to enrollment works? Say you get accepted and you pay the $1000. At what point after this do you get the letter of enrollment and thus can apply for a LOC, student loans, etc?

This might be outdated, but in 2015 the day I paid my deposit I asked for a letter confirming my enrolment, got it the next day, and had my LOC in 2 weeks. For government student loans, you can also apply right away but we didn't get the money until early September I believe. Even though we start in July, it's not a problem as tuition is due in mid to late September for the first half of first year.

Hope that helps and good luck everyone! We dholes are excited to meet you. Try and chill out a bit also (I know easier said than done)

easy with the capitals letters. you're triggering my pre-med decision-time ptsd. haha.

Thanks fellow dhole! You could easily distract us from our uncertainties with a good story about... Say, what animal this coming year will be :P

has any class been the blue footed booby yet?

They may be throwing us off by saying May 9th who knows, I think it may come out Friday Monday or Tuesday

I'm out of town Friday, Monday and Tuesday for a conference :(... Not checking until I get back on Tuesday night anyways lol

For animals, how about a phalarope? :)  

It's a bird family that inhabits the Canadian Arctic, their Latin name means "coot" and "foot".

When they feed they swim in a small rapid circle and make a whirlpool. 

Also, they are rare and interesting in that they display a sort of reverse sexual dimorphism. The females are larger and fancier than the males and they fight with other females over male mates. The males perform all of the incubation and chick care while the female tries to find more males to mate with!

Archived