Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you :D

I am honestly still really torn between the two. I will wait until Calgary's final result to reply to the UofA for sure. I like Calgary as a city more, but I like those summers the UofA offers for both travel and research.

Thank you :D

I am honestly still really torn between the two. I will wait until Calgary's final result to reply to the UofA for sure. I like Calgary as a city more, but I like those summers the UofA offers for both travel and research.

I was the same way when I applied and waitlisted at both a couple years ago, this year I don't have to choose between two :P.

When did UofA say results would be released?

... what is UofC also releases today?

I really do believe it's unlikely for the UofC to release anything prior to at least Monday next week. Did you see the whole troll episode yesterday? I called the office myself and Renée was clear. There would be no admissions decisions this week. She said they are aiming for Tuesday, but it could be the couple days after that. Unless they compete with the UofA somehow and now they're going at it 150%, I doubt it would come out any time before their meeting on Monday.

The UofA just said results would be out by May 15th, but they just say that as the deadline and they usually send out offers quite a bit beforehand, apparently.

I agree - I don't think U of C will release this week. If they say it's going to be May 9th or after, let's just take their word. In the meantime, get out there and enjoy the sun! It is supposed to be a nice low 20s in both Calgary and Edmonton this weekend so make the most of it! I know I will be  :D  try not to check this website too much - it will still be here in 5 days. 

Congrats to you, HiHopes, for getting into U of A! I am genuinely so happy for you. I just love seeing people succeed and attain their goals  :lol:

If anyone needs to chat about choosing between a 3 year and 4 year program (if you are lucky enough to have a choice) please feel free to PM me! I had the choice last year and had a variety of reasons for choosing the 3 year program, but there were a lot of pros to the 4 year program. A lot of the choice should depend on learning style, where you are at in your life, etc.

Did you feel that your interview went well?

Yaaa haha I actually thought it went really well... LOL But ended up not even passing the interview. On the other hand, I felt a lot worse about my Calgary interview, so not sure how thats gonna go LOL

Yaaa haha I actually thought it went really well... LOL But ended up not even passing the interview. On the other hand, I felt a lot worse about my Calgary interview, so not sure how thats gonna go LOL

U of A is not as transparent as it used to be.  No body knows what they mean by pass or fail interviews?

Just want to bring this up again.....What about CASPER?  Do you think it contributed to overall score?  I did not receive any feedback as I was waitlisted.  But I did submit this past year's grades as it does jack my cGPA up a fair bit.  Fingers crossed.

Just want to bring this up again.....What about CASPER?  Do you think it contributed to overall score?  I did not receive any feedback as I was waitlisted.  But I did submit this past year's grades as it does jack my cGPA up a fair bit.  Fingers crossed.

CASPER is pass or fail

Does U of C and U of A mark the MMI in a similar way?

NO they don't.

for UofA you get a mark out of 7. 4 is average, 5 above average, etc.

UofC you get a mark out of 20. 10 marks are subjective: how much did I like the person/do I think they are a good fit etc. 10 marks split up into 5 assessments worth 2 marks each. So there can be, say, professionalism and its out of 2 marks, as well as another 4 worth two marks each depending on what they are testing. Each item will get a score of 0,1, or 2 out of 2, and for the subjective it's just straight out of 10. 

This info is from Ian Walkers Podcast, not the 2016 one, but the 2014 one.

Here are links to both: 

2016: 

2014: http://vp.ucalgary.ca/images/admissions/MMIprep.mp4

It is May 5th and no offers were released sadly... so

3 days left until Monday the 8th,

4 days until Tuesday the 9th,

5 days until Wednesday the 10th,

6 days until Thursday the 11th

Did you read the blog? He said May 9th at the earliest. I think latest by May 10th.

Either way, just enjoy the weekend and don't think about too much. But on Monday, we can start going crazy  :eek:

Archived