Premed 101 Forums

Did anybody get contacted in regards to IP status?

This may be a silly question, but how do people know if their verifiers have been contacted? Does U of Calgary send you an e-mail confirming that your verifiers have been contacted?

Thank you :) 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes, some people's verifiers contact them as a matter of formality. One of mine personally contacted me because she knows that it is nice to hear, first of all, that the process is moving along and that things are being done and, secondly, that all the information was correct and that she was happy to help. Some verifiers may not contact you, and some people apparently haven't even had any of their verifiers contacted (heavy emphasis on apparently). The university itself won't message you about contacting your verifiers, unless either your verifiers never replied to them, or they said that there was conflicting information between what you reported and what they know or think you've done.

I'm nervous but I can feel that calm before the storm, like this is the last sort of worry free day. But I can't wait to find out, then at least I can plan ahead.

1 DAY left until Monday the 8th (highly unlikely)

2 DAYS left until Tuesday the 9th (most likely)

3 DAYS left until Wednesday the 10th (unlikely)

4 DAYS left until Thursday the 11th (unlikely)

This is weird but now that we are so close to finding out....I don't feel like actually finding out...because I'm scared..

I'd wait for maybe a blog entry tomorrow. If Dr. Walker says "that's it, meeting's done, decision is made," we'll get news first thing Tuesday morning. If he doesn't say anything, it doesn't mean that they haven't finalized everything, however.

TL;DR - Tuesday morning, most likely.

How are you guys passing the time?

It's just killing me.

Today is

AWFUL

Friends: "Hey what you been up to this week?"

Me: "waiting"

http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/cat-waiting-window-60.jpg

I feel you guys. My advice is if you can do ANYTHING to distract you, do it. I'm lucky that I work a full-time job so I have that and then I go home and I hang out with my S/O, we go eat, enjoy the weather, go swimming, play some beach volleyball, go shopping, go to the movies or the REC ROOM to catch an NHL game, just doing things that I would do any random day in May. 

I know it's easier said than done, but the way I see it is there is nothing we can do at this point - it's only gonna get more stressful from here (whether you get in or have to re-apply or have to move on with your life) so enjoy this freedom while you can  :P

There's a chance that the couple people chosen by the alternative pathway will be selected first. This would be a small faux pas by admissions (instead of sending all decisions at the same time). I don't believe they would send out results one by one as that really makes it easy for people to know how they rank, which is against the uncompetitiveness of the school. Not to worry, though. It's happening either today or tomorrow in all likelihood, so maybe it's best for you to enjoy your day with other activities instead of being stifled by the exact moment. Good luck!

Archived