Premed 101 Forums

I don't think anyone can give you a 100% affirmative answer here unless it's something that is coming from the admissions office  :P They seemed to have just started the verifier contacting process this past week so there is a chance your verifiers haven't been contacted yet. I wouldn't worry too much 

Are they calling or e-mailing verifiers or both? 

My friend's verifier got e-mailed and their last name starts with D. Are they doing it in alphabetical order? Or is it random? 

What are your thoughts and experiences with verifiers checks? 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone's verifiers will be contacted, regardless of whether or not their cumulative scores warrant an offer of admission/position on the wait list. 

In previous years, did they contact everyone's verifiers post interview? Can people who applied last year clarify?

Is there any past indication that checking them post-interview correlates with offers ?

As has been mentioned here before (please refer back to the previous pages), Dr. Walker said in the admissions blog that they don't have any scores decided yet when they contact verifiers. Thus, there is no bearing on the final decision if your verifiers have/have not been contacted. My last name starts with D as well, and mine have been contacted. Whether or not it is truly alphabetical, who knows.

They try their best to reach the contact. Although they commonly call, it seems as if all verifiers so far have been reached by email. If they cannot reach your verifiers, they will proceed to calling / emailing you.

Neat, though I'm wondering where you saw that they'll proceed to calling/emailing me?

Neat, though I'm wondering where you saw that they'll proceed to calling/emailing me?

This comes from people who've asked before about this on MD admissions. That was Dr. Walker's answer. Certainly someone from within the program who's been contacted could share their experience.

As has been mentioned here before (please refer back to the previous pages), Dr. Walker said in the admissions blog that they don't have any scores decided yet when they contact verifiers. Thus, there is no bearing on the final decision if your verifiers have/have not been contacted. My last name starts with D as well, and mine have been contacted. Whether or not it is truly alphabetical, who knows.

This. Unless something has changed. My verifiers were not contact. I know others who had verifiers contacted, but were rejected. Don't read anything into it.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, picking apart minutiae about the admissions process at this point is just fueling your anxiety. Whether or not your verifiers are contacted does not give you any prescient knowledge of whether you'll be getting an admission offer. It's best to just relax and not worry about it until you get a concrete reply.

How many weeks do they spend on verification checks?

Do they contact people with ECs that seem too good to be true? or any activity on your app? or long term activities? 

I know they are doing it partially randomly, but also partially deliberately selecting certain activities. 

Nobody knows! So don't worry about it. They use what ever system they think best fills their needs. I'm sure they verify as long as they need to. Which depends.

No one will be able to ease your mind on this. So just trust the process.

How many weeks do they spend on verification checks?

Do they contact people with ECs that seem too good to be true? or any activity on your app? or long term activities?

I know they are doing it partially randomly, but also partially deliberately selecting certain activities.

I agree. They are more likely to verify activities that stand out. 

...I may or may not have lied about working for NASA, and going to outer space on a volunteer mission for hungry aliens.... fingers crossed they don't contact Commander Spaceman who's identity I've made up...

...I may or may not have lied about working for NASA, and going to outer space on a volunteer mission for hungry aliens.... fingers crossed they don't contact Commander Spaceman who's identity I've made up...

I am really worried about my Top 10, I put down commander Spaceman as my verifier, but they are  on a mission to kill the aliens and can't be found on the surface of this planet :(.

Archived