Premed 101 Forums

Post-Interview Thoughts?

Vicodin

What did everyone think of the interview? I thought it was well organized and fun. McGill definitely puts lots of time and effort into the event!

Feeling like an idiot now because I broke a prop in one station and in another I tried moving backwards in my swivel chair and crashed into the wall lol

Note: Not the place to discuss any interview content... just your thoughts on it all :) 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same! One in particular I didn't get the point of it. Like what they were trying to evaluate. It was just a conversation about something.. I was anticipating a plot twist haha

So much fun! Certain stations I wasn't quite sure what they were trying to evaluate .. but oh well I was myself the whole time!

I'm wondering about the variability of performance/scoring based on the personality of the interviewer and whether that is accounted for in any way...I feel like one's performance in certain station can be affected by the attitude of the interviewer and how they act and respond. 

I also did not catch the point of one or two stations (not sure what they were looking for) but have to say that the overall experience was A LOT OF FUN. I was very impressed with how good the actors were, how nice the staff, faculty and students were and how organized everything was. Needless to say Montreal is very gorgeous too!!

I had a lot of fun as well, but in the last 24 hours I've been getting flashbacks of some of the things I said, and wish I could delete them. I wonder how much you get penalized for saying a sentence that seemed appropriate at the time but now makes me feel like hiding under the table! The evaluators must get a kick out of some of our "performances"...

And I agree, the actors were brilliant. Almost forgot it wasn't for real.

Yeah overall I had a pretty good time as well. There was one station that I wasn't really sure what they were looking for though. I'm also a bit concerned with how they take the attitude of the interviewer into account...unless that's part of the test lol

How many stations did everyone feel good about? I think I'm feeling good about 7 or so myself.

I had a lot of fun as well, but in the last 24 hours I've been getting flashbacks of some of the things I said, and wish I could delete them. I wonder how much you get penalized for saying a sentence that seemed appropriate at the time but now makes me feel like hiding under the table! The evaluators must get a kick out of some of our "performances"...

And I agree, the actors were brilliant. Almost forgot it wasn't for real.

haha I've been avoiding thinking too hard about the interview bc then i immediately start mentally replaying my worst moments and then I seize up and get super anxious! There's one in particular I messed up on soooo bad I'm worried it might have tanked me. It's tough to keep my mind off it but there's nothing we can do but wait I guess!

haha I've been avoiding thinking too hard about the interview bc then i immediately start mentally replaying my worst moments

It's tough to keep my mind off it but there's nothing we can do but wait I guess!

Same, at this point I just don't know if it went well or not and I only try to avoid thinking about it :P

I feel good about 7-8 of the stations as well, and for the past couple days I have just been overthinking the 2-3 stations... Going to be a long 3 weeks 

Same, I feel good about 8 of the stations. Theres one that I checked the actual answer online and i was wayyyy off but hopefully they take into account my reasoning :(

Same, I feel good about 8 of the stations. Theres one that I checked the actual answer online and i was wayyyy off but hopefully they take into account my reasoning :(

I would assume they care less about your answer and more about your reasoning/communication! Don't worry too much about it (I should really take my own advice)

Guys, somewhere on this forum, I read a story about a person who was convinced they bombed 50% of the stations & actually got in. So we never know! That being said, I am certainly obsessing over everything I said/didn't say & feel glad that some thoughtful soul created this thread so that we can support each other as we wait for April 17.

Ok. So I went from thinking 4 perfect, 4 ok, 2 bombed right after my MMI, to thinking 4 perfect, 3 ok, 3 bombed by the end of my interview day; then 4 bombed as days went by; and then 6 bombed; and then I have no idea how I did. I guess I am now at the "everything went ok" stage. If MMIs were human, they would be in jail for refusing to leave my thoughts alone. I'm guessing I just have to wait for Minerva to speak.

Ok. So I went from thinking 4 perfect, 4 ok, 2 bombed right after my MMI, to thinking 4 perfect, 3 ok, 3 bombed by the end of my interview day; then 4 bombed as days went by; and then 6 bombed; and then I have no idea how I did. I guess I am now at the "everything went ok" stage. If MMIs were human, they would be in jail for refusing to leave my thoughts alone. I'm guessing I just have to wait for Minerva to speak.

I feel you, during my MMI I kept thinking "you got this you're doing amazing" but now upon reflection, not sure if any went well lmao

i really enjoyed it - thought the format was great, and it was challenging but fair. some situations were obviously more tough than others but i liked it. i was in the morning and the food was ok, not the best i think afternoon had better food haha. staff were great, it was so organized and efficient. barely lost time in between stations. great experience and feel lucky to have had it. actors were also great. now we wait!

oh and i definitely think preparing and practicing in order to be familiar with the context of MMis and learn to stay calm and cool no matter what is thrown at you is REALLY KEY. i disagree with people who say you can't prepare in order to do well or succeed. also makes you feel more confident IMO. 

exactly me lol 

Your impression of your performance at the MMI is very unlikely to be predictive of your actual performance. No one (except the evaluators) know exactly what they are looking for. Also, no one knows how other people performed in a particular station so it's difficult/impossible to know if you did poorly/did well - everyone else could have done poorly.

I had the same reaction as many of you here - I thought I did well (minus 1 or 2 stations) immediately after the interview and then upon reflection I started doubting my answers to many of the other stations. Again, this is not very predictive of your success or failure - I got in without being waitlisted and anecdotally this happened to my colleagues. Unless you said something bigoted, trashed the room, or acted grossly inappropriate, your personal perception of your performance is, again, not likely to be predictive of your actual performance.

I know it's hard but enjoy the next few weeks! You actually get your answer relatively quickly compared to other schools (and other years at McGill!) so you will get your answer pretty quickly. Good luck!

Archived