Premed 101 Forums

Post-Interview Thoughts?

Vicodin

I'm a CEGEP applicant and I felt like most people who were doing the interview with me did well. I mean after the interview I felt ok (not really proud or sad), but others seemed to killed it ...  is it normal?

Completely.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a CEGEP applicant and I felt like most people who were doing the interview with me did well. I mean after the interview I felt ok (not really proud or sad), but others seemed to killed it ...  is it normal?

We're often really bad judges of our performances. I came out of there thinking that I hadn't done well what so ever - and I could hear people around saying "I think it went really well, it was so much fun" and so on. Might've gone well for them - I don't know but I think that it's very subjective. We don't know what they're looking for etc. As long as you feel like you did your best - that's all that matters. It is what it is at this point and all you can do is wait. 

We're often really bad judges of our performances. I came out of there thinking that I hadn't done well what so ever - and I could hear people around saying "I think it went really well, it was so much fun" and so on. Might've gone well for them - I don't know but I think that it's very subjective. We don't know what they're looking for etc. As long as you feel like you did your best - that's all that matters. It is what it is at this point and all you can do is wait. 

Same!!! After the interview people were all happy and saying that they killed it...

I just received my rank pre-interview : 90th out of 847, do you think it's good enough to be granted an interview next year?

Did they break it down for you? If your rank is strong academically, or if your rank across both is balanced, then excellent chances. If academically you ranked low but CVPN ranked extremely high, your chances are still good, but who knows what will happen with different evaluators

Yes they broke it down! i was ranked excellently for GPA (in the top 5 out of 847) and pretty much in the average for CVPN

Curious to know how they rank GPA. I'm assuming that many students have a 4.0 when they apply, how do they discriminate between them? Thats food for thought

Curious to know how they rank GPA. I'm assuming that many students have a 4.0 when they apply, how do they discriminate between them? Thats food for thought

Progression of difficulty of coursework. Someone with a 4.0 but with bird courses would be ranked below someone with a 3.97 but with more upper level courses.

Progression of difficulty of coursework. Someone with a 4.0 but with bird courses would be ranked below someone with a 3.97 but with more upper level courses.

They also look at course load on top of the level of the courses. So if you took 6 courses per semester and maintained your 4.0, that's to be considered.

And the level is really a numerical thing, not based on what people at the school say is easy, so if you can find a 500-level bird course (for example), that is better than like, CALC 3 (which is a 200 level that makes people cry).

Archived