Premed 101 Forums

Post Interview Discussion

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wish it was over with today, but I guess we will have to wait 2 more weeks to find out?

Judging by previous years, 2 weeks seems right. I told myself if I got a high waitlist I'd be happy and not paranoid, but here I am already wondering if this is the year that the high waitlist doesn't clear.

Well I guess it'll be another 2 weeks of dank memes with sauna atleast :D

Judging by previous years, 2 weeks seems right. I told myself if I got a high waitlist I'd be happy and not paranoid, but here I am already wondering if this is the year that the high waitlist doesn't clear.

Well I guess it'll be another 2 weeks of dank memes with sauna atleast :D

If this is the year it doesn't clear.. omg lol

If this is the year it doesn't clear.. omg lol

they usually quite good at having it cleared. I know of only one year I believe in the past recent times (5+  years) where it didn't. They school WANTS to send a clear message with the high waitlist email - otherwise there is simply no point in sending the email at all. 

No email yet, I'm assuming that means a rejection. :( Thought i'd prepared myself but this is still devastating. 

In the same boat as you, no e-mail yet. But it doesn't look like anyone has received an acceptance yet, so don't jump to any conclusions!

Well.

I feel like a failure.

Rejection (or low waitlist or w.e).

I have to go to work in an hour.

And I wan to cry.

I feel like a disappointment....

Hey cmon you're not a failure, you made it all the way to the interviews which is an accomplishment all by itself. Take the year to improve your weaker areas and hopefully you'll make it in next year. Also, don't forget that at the end of the day it is just a job and there are a lot of other ways to do good in the world. I know I myself over the past couple years started idolising it, but it really isn't all that there is to life. Anyways, sorry I'm rambling, but best of luck next year :)

Well.

I feel like a failure.

And I wan to cry.

that sucks - sorry to hear that :(

I don't think anything I can say right now will make it much better - as others have pointed out once you get interviews at Western in particular you are really close - do what you have to do to get through this point. Hang in there. 

Well.

I feel like a failure.

And I wan to cry.

Having met you, I can say wholeheartedly, you are NOT a disappointment or a failure. I tend to be brutally honest, so this is not just pandering to try to make you feel better, you are, BY FAR, one of the most impressive people I have met. Seriously and I have met a lot of people, many of them SUPER impressive. Maybe you just didn't click with the panel this year, but in my opinion, you would make AN INCREDIBLE physician. Don't let this get you down and make you forget what an INCREDIBLE person you are.

I'm gonna explode if that's the case ... I can't even get out of bed until I hear back :(

often delays boil down to something like that - strange to think that while this is critical for us the office staff have other important things to do as well (and you don't want them tired/hungry....making mistakes - I have seen that, not pretty). 

Archived