Premed 101 Forums

Post Interview Discussion

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone here in the 2nd year of their Master's and struggling to defend their thesis by June 30th (Western's new deadline to have all Graduate requirements completed by if you're accepted to med...)

Not gonna take any chances...but I'm curious how lenient they are with that June 30th deadline...  

Anyone here in the 2nd year of their Master's and struggling to defend their thesis by June 30th (Western's new deadline to have all Graduate requirements completed by if you're accepted to med...)

Not gonna take any chances...but I'm curious how lenient they are with that June 30th deadline...  

Best to confirm with admin but from what I hear they aren't very leanient. 

That is early...what was it before?

That is early...what was it before?

technically always the 30th. They just were some what lenient by getting some logical documentation that clear stated it would be done in time. Either some got that and STILL failed to complete (causing chaos as then they cannot start) or they just decided that is it easier from a management point of view to enforce the standard policy. 

Trouble is june 30 really is an odd time to need it done by - most of the time people starting at the standard time would be done of course by the end of August. 

technically always the 30th. They just were some what lenient by getting some logical documentation that clear stated it would be done in time. Either some got that and STILL failed to complete (causing chaos as then they cannot start) or they just decided that is it easier from a management point of view to enforce the standard policy. 

Trouble is june 30 really is an odd time to need it done by - most of the time people starting at the standard time would be done of course by the end of August. 

Yeah I know some one that got accepted but couldn't finish on time and had his acceptance revoked. Not fun.

Yeah, this was the case. When I started, there was no trouble with graduates students finishing up in August. However, some people ended up going well into the start of studies with their work and so the hard line is being drawn.

I get where the school is coming from, but I think they'd be better off drawing the line at the end of July, or even mid-August, if they're going to keep up this level of strictness.

Yeah, this was the case. When I started, there was no trouble with graduates students finishing up in August. However, some people ended up going well into the start of studies with their work and so the hard line is being drawn.

I get where the school is coming from, but I think they'd be better off drawing the line at the end of July, or even mid-August, if they're going to keep up this level of strictness.

the trouble they have is if they do that then it is really hard to get one of their top picks and it really is stressful for everyone involved. I mean for the person accepted out of it of course it would be amazing but still you would be cancelling a lot of plans, and the school would likely lose out in terms of their waitlist (as people would have been pulled off it to potentially go to other schools). Plus now the school has to verify the new person ASAP which puts more stress on the office. 

I guess a related question is why bother to force people to complete the masters at all. Obviously it doesn't want to encourage people not to complete their studies but it doesn't directly evaluate ECs, and that person would already have an UG degree - their core requirement. 

I feel dumb for only now realizing what your name means.

Fun story: I was a Neil deGrasse Tyson fan before he got famous and back then he didn't know how to social media so instead of having a facebook page for his fans, he just added them on his personal account. So I was friends with him on fb for like a year, so yeah.. you could say my boy Neil and I are pretty tight  ;)

Fun story: I was a Neil deGrasse Tyson fan before he got famous and back then he didn't know how to social media so instead of having a facebook page for his fans, he just added them on his personal account. So I was friends with him on fb for like a year, so yeah.. you could say my boy Neil and I are pretty tight  ;)

I woulda mentioned that in my interviews.

Interviewer: Tell me about yourself.

Sauna: I want to get into medical school, and I am friends with Neil deGrasse Tyson on facebook.

I woulda mentioned that in my interviews.

Interviewer: Tell me about yourself.

Sauna: I want to get into medical school, and I am friends with Neil deGrasse Tyson on facebook.

Shit idk why I didn't think of that

I've used it before on tinder though. NDT story/stargaze and chill combo proven to give broads weak knees

Archived