Premed 101 Forums

Post Interview Discussion/countdown To May 10

Saw other schools had this going so I thought I would start one for us hopefuls too! My interview was this weekend, super happy it is done and over with!! Now to play the waiting game for the next 6 weeks or so :)  :)  Good luck to the Sudbury folk interviewing this weekend!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy that this stage is done, however realizing that you cannot do anything else from now on to improve your chances is a hard to accept. trying to not go over every answer in my head, thinking that overall it went ok (who knows). I was very humbled to be around all the other interviewees, everybody I interacted with seemed to be very worthy of being there. 

hard to judge how I was scored...what to think really

H.

Thanks for starting this thread, northo60!  My interview was this past weekend as well.  I think (hope?) it went well overall, but there were 1-2 stations I felt I could have done a lot better with.  It was really nice to meet the other applicants, too!  I believe all Ontario medical schools release their offers on May 9th - perhaps the date on the website is an error?

Best of luck to those interviewing in Sudbury this weekend! :)

I believe as I write this, the Sunday afternoon interviews are being conducted in Sudbury. Congratulations to (almost) everyone on being done the nerve-racking interview process! I myself felt like the MMI went reasonably well this year, although there were one or two stations that I know I for sure could have done better on. As much as I am normally a pretty calm and collected person, one station definitely got to me. So here's hoping it doesn't ruin my chances this year. Again congrats to everyone on stellar applications, and just being great people applying to a fantastic school! :D

-MDW

Looking for Renée from T Bay interview weekend. We got seperated when MMI started, I thought we'd see each other after but we didn't :( Renée if you're out there email me at septemberpizza@gmail.com

Best of luck to everyone, I have a countdown app to offers day. It's set to May 10- should I reset to May 9???

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for Renée from T Bay interview weekend. We got seperated when MMI started, I thought we'd see each other after but we didn't :( Renée if you're out there email me at septemberpizza@gmail.com

Best of luck to everyone, I have a countdown app to offers day. It's set to May 10- should I reset to May 9???

Yes, I would reset it to May 9, as per OMSAS. One less day!

I can't believe we find out in 3 weeks tomorrow... I feel like this wait is going by faster than I expected, and I'm getting quite nervous for the results! How is everyone doing? :)

I feel like my interview was an eternity ago... I'm doing the usual flip-flop between feeling hopeful some days and then feeling pessimistic the next. Either way, I try to remind myself that my "gut feeling" likely isn't predictive of the result whatsoever. Anxiously awaiting May 9th! 

I agree, it seems like the wait is going by faster now- the first week was brutal...

Lately I have been feeling petty optimistic, believing in the answers I gave and really imagining myself getting the acceptance email.

I have of course thought of where I would be on may 9 and who I would be with (grandpa)

H

I agree, it seems like the wait is going by faster now- the first week was brutal...

Lately I have been feeling petty optimistic, believing in the answers I gave and really imagining myself getting the acceptance email.

I have of course thought of where I would be on may 9 and who I would be with (grandpa)

H

I'm just so glad it's not a 9 week wait for me this year (TBAY interview was March 5th, and we found out May 12th (?) last year). 

Personally I keep bouncing back between optimism and pessimism, and right now I'm feeling a lot of the latter. At the time I felt the interview went well, but now I have flashbacks to last year when I felt the same, but still didn't get across the line. For some reason I have the sinking feeling that even an amazing interview can't change a "bad" pre-interview score. 

We shall see soon enough I guess- only 20 and a bit days to go.... 

Does anyone else have recurring dreams of being accepted and wake up to find out it's still April? Blah. Awful.

Oh I've had the opposite many times- I don't get in and am just resigned to the fact I'll be in school doing my MSc and then PhD forever... until I finally get accepted at the ripe age of 87... and I wake up horrified. 

Welp. 

Does anyone else have recurring dreams of being accepted and wake up to find out it's still April? Blah. Awful.

I read this comment right before bed and thought "no, no dreams yet for me!" I then had a dream that I was accepted last night.  I woke up, went back to sleep, then had a dream that I was not accepted, lol.  :P Fun times! 19 days! 

Haha. You guys crack me up. I'm resetting my countdown app to May 9. Are the emails out first thing in the morning? I can't judge from interview invite email cause I was out of the country and in a diff time zone. Anyone know (aka at what time should I refresh my emails every 4 minutes)?

Archived