Premed 101 Forums

Cdat Feb 2017 Released

I wrote the november DAT and got 19TS/19AA/19RC/PAT21 all across the board! this time I did better and worse?

Bio:21 (+2)

Chem:23 (+4)

PAT:20 (-1)

RC:18 (-1)

AA:21

TS:22

Do you guys know if it's worth sending this updated version to DAL as I actually did worse on PAT and RC, but way better in chem and bio..... RC was way harder i thought in the Feb dat!!!

I feel like it may be beneficial. Your AA went up by 2 !! But take my opinion with a grain of salt

21AA

19 RC

BUT... 16 PAT :(

It sucks Western will start to look PAT and I am really confused as whether or not PAT will influence my chances.

The way its worded seems really seems vague and not sure if I should re-write for Nov. Imo I feel like they wont be making a significant cut off for PAT just yet because they are changing a few things too in their App such as the 3/5 rule, and pre-req average as well as what we have seen recently with the effect of the ABS.... but no idea. 

Anyone know any details or just as confused? 

21AA

19 RC

It sucks Western will start to look PAT and I am really confused as whether or not PAT will influence my chances.

The way its worded seems really seems vague and not sure if I should re-write for Nov. Imo I feel like they wont be making a significant cut off for PAT just yet because they are changing a few things too in their App such as the 3/5 rule, and pre-req average as well as what we have seen recently with the effect of the ABS.... but no idea. 

I'm in a similar situation, can someone shed some further light

my scores: AA 22 (22 in bio 23 in chem), RC 22, PAT 15

3.98 2year gpa and 92-93% 2 year average

Anyone know if I will get interview at Western or Toronto next year?

21AA

19 RC

I think it needs to be addressed for all applicants to UWO next cycle that there are rule changes coming into effect that nobody will know how it will impact the applicant pool. Although UWO will be looking at all sections minus the MDT, no one can definitively say at this moment whether it will be a hard cut-off, part of a weighted score for the DAT or each individual section will be looked at independently. I think people should wait until more information is available (i.e. August-September) before they can see whether it will have a large impact on their app or not. If you feel your PAT is weak, work on trying to improve it over the summer by practicing and if UWO weighs it high, you'd be prepared to take it in Nov. At this moment in time, UWO is a black box for the next cycle and it's important to focus on other parts of the application (ABS/PS --> shadowing, volunteering, etc.). DAT makes up one section and possibly the least significant section so don't fret over it too much. Wait until more information is available and then reevaluate. 

I think you'll get an interview at UofT with current stats! As for western, apparently they are looking for more well-rounded applicants. I guess it really depends on your ECs and your best 2 years marks in %

Thank you!! Wishing everyone the best of luck. I likely won't re-write in November, but it is still an option for me just to see if I could improve my score at all as I know that UofT looks at your best score so it couldn't hurt. Does anyone know what Western's policy is with multiple DAT writes? Or is this subject to change as well? Thanks :)

With those marks, it might offset your PAT mark. Not sure if they have any cut-off lines, but your stats, otherwise, looks amazing

RC: 19
AA: 18
PAT: 21

pretty surprised I didnt fail RC because it felt like I was at the time.

I was planning on skipping the test altogether because I had negative time to study...but the november test is during school too :/ how early did you guys start studying??

I was planning on skipping the test altogether because I had negative time to study...but the november test is during school too :/ how early did you guys start studying??

I studied about 2-3 weeks for mine and did well (took it Feb 2016). The key is to take as many courses that cover the DAT material as possible. The bio section of the DAT is a big trivia game of random knowledge

I studied for 2~3 weeks as well. I think I did well for the first time but I may re-take the exam :( What were your scores like denthopeful44, if you don't mind sharing? (You don't have to share you can just ignore me aha)

I took the nov 2016 and studied quite a bit (a month before the exam 1-2hours everyday + courses as i am 2nd year undergrad with full course load), bought the datboot camp for PAT, used the free online notes and just review general bio and chem note. I felt i did really good but got: RC 19, BIO, 21, CHEM 19, PAT 22

Then I retook in feb 2107 because i didnt like my chem mark and this time around i only studied 2 weeks before the exam. I didnt have the datboot camp stuff either, I just did all the free online PAT. Reviewed major topics of bio and chem. After the 2017 feb dat, I felt it was a bit harder, especially the PAT, reading was about the same, and bio+chem are hit and miss. I got RC 19, BIO 21, CHEM 23, PAT 23.

Really happy that i retook it :)

It's never too early to start studying, use the summer to review bio+chem just a little bit each day. 

For your DAT Scores they all look pretty good except PAT :/ From what I've heard, for UWO and UofT having a high PAT score doesn't mean too much however having a low PAT score like that might negatively impact your application as it separates you from everyone who did well in it. As for your GPA its very good and might help your chances since theyweigh GPA much more than DAT scores. 

Damn homie.. That means you got like 30 chem 27 bio. Absolutely killed it 

Thanks! and wow, how'd you guess that?? I actually did get that. Sciences has always been pretty easy for me, but PAT and RC on the other hand...yeah. They're not bad though, amazingly enough.

Thanks! and wow, how'd you guess that?? I actually did get that. Sciences has always been pretty easy for me, but PAT and RC on the other hand...yeah. They're not bad though, amazingly enough.

RC: 21

BIO: 25

CHEM: 26

AA: 24

Pretty proud of myself!

Damn you guys did so well, was it your first time writing it?

Archived