Premed 101 Forums

Ip Waitlist Discussion 2017

Medapp2017

You are right. BUT... that girlfriend of 9 years now has been with me and has endured a Master, A Ph.D and a Postdoc (away from her). There is no way I would dictate what she has to go through next (although moving to either Montréal or Québec would still impose on her (still she has family in Québec so there's that).

Damn I really hope you plan on marrying that girlfriend.. This is a really important decision that will likely dictate your future, a decision like this should be based on other factors..

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also it just feels like the IP waitlist is never moving... it's only moved 2 so far :'(

I anticipate three types of movements:

1) Ontario (minimal for IP)

2) Qc Unis (not super significant)

3) Deferrals (Throughout summer) 

I'm 22 so I basically feel hopeless right now

Yeah...unlikely :s 

I doubt Quebec offers will have much of an impact on the McGill waitlist...unfortunately. The French school admissions process is so unique that any significant overlap is not very likely (French schools are very GPA based and pay no attention to ECs, etc).

Yeah I'm kinda hopeful for this year. Although yeah I will be going to Laval if (and that is a huge IF) I'm selected under the PhD candidate contingent. 8/20 so I like my chances but my CRU is horrific and my casper didn't go very well so :(

Aren't you going to Laval? Haha

That being said, I'm certain that #5 will work out. Haven't heard of any year where that hasn't happened.

Yeah I'm kinda hopeful for this year. Although yeah I will be going to Laval if (and that is a huge IF) I'm selected under the PhD candidate contingent. 8/20 so I like my chances but my CRU is horrific and my casper didn't go very well so :(

If it's any reassurance last year i thought i did horrible and it was actually a great performance (WL'd at Mac with a sub 3.5cGPA lol)

It's not... last year I had a 33.6 of CRU since I did not submit an old bachelor's degree that I did (graduated 16 years ago) and this year it dropped to 30.2 so not many chances of getting in with that kinda grades

If it's any reassurance last year i thought i did horrible and it was actually a great performance (WL'd at Mac with a sub 3.5cGPA lol)

It's not... last year I had a 33.6 of CRU since I did not submit an old bachelor's degree that I did (graduated 16 years ago) and this year it dropped to 30.2 so not many chances of getting in with that kinda grades

That sucks. It's ridiculous that they still look at that. Well, what I hope reassures you is that I'm 100% certain that you will get an offer at McGill :) There's no way it doesn't move to 5. Good luck man, I hope things work out the way you want them with you and your girlfriend! 

What about #18

Last year 14 got in the year before 26 got in off IP... I'm trying to stay optimistic.. Praying for deferrals or other acceptances to move the waitlist faster...

18 is such a limbo number ugh

i'm 22 so like you're definitely in a better position than me... tbh i think the best way to pass time +deal with the doubt is also to plan our backups for the worst case scenario 

Hang in there guys, no matter what happens you'll get in if you keep motivated and try again. On the bright side even if you get in in 3 or 4 years you'll still be younger than me when you graduate :D.

But from now on let's just hope for the best for you this year!

And you never know what will happen on may 16th

Any news from last night? :) 

Yeah I got in the PhD contingent in Laval!!!

I guess it's one more spot on the waitlist for McGill 

:D

Congrats man!

Also, yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Archived