Premed 101 Forums

Schulich Dentistry Class Of 2021 Accepted/waitlisted/rejected

Yeah, the emails are pretty much the exact same, so the proportion of applicants in each category are probably similar.

Check out the uwo meds forum. Pretty much if you're on the high wait list, you're guaranteed a spot. Normal waitlist has a chance and low waitlist is slim to no chance.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Result: Accepted

OOP

GPA. 3.98 ... not sure how to translate into percent?

DAT: 25+AA/PAT

I also have a question for a friend who is on the wait list. His email had:

"Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List.
Please understand that this does not guarantee that you will receive an offer. We are simply communicating this information to you in an attempt to allow you to be as informed as possible in making your decision about dental school. In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission."

Is this high or normal? 

OOP

"Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List.
Please understand that this does not guarantee that you will receive an offer. We are simply communicating this information to you in an attempt to allow you to be as informed as possible in making your decision about dental school. In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission."

Is this high or normal? 

Congrats, and your friend is on high waitlist. 

OOP

Is this high or normal? 

I think the first part that says "Although you were not ranked to receive and offer at this time" is meaning that you were not one of the 56 initially but it's the last sentence that means they have a decent chance if the waitlist movement is like usual.

Since it seems like they're doing what uwo med admissions is doing, waitlist offers will start going out a couple days after that 10 business day deadline (so May 11th). Then high waitlist will most likely clear quickly and part of the normal will clear throughout the summer.

Part of the email I received... not the standard reply at all. Normal list or am I out of luck? ????

"Congratulations on being offered a wait list spot, this is an accomplishment in itself.

The communications you are referring to from other applicants is based on their high rank on the wait list (and past trends of how far down the wait list we have gone). After a certain rank, we don't have as great a certainty whether we will reach that applicant in order to fill the 56 seats in our class. For this reason, I cannot provide more details about the likelihood of us offering you a position in this application cycle."

I would guess you're on the normal list unless they specifically said the "people in your position haven't gotten an offer" line.

How many people do you guys think are on the high waitlist? They must have put fewer people on the high waitlist for a bit of a buffer, so if waitlist usually moves around 30, maybe 20 on the high waitlist??

I'm on the high waitlist and didn't receive an offer. Troll post...?

Not a troll post. I figure that I was on normal wait list based on what the wait list letter said.

However, I am a graduate student. Not sure if that changes anything. Maybe I was in a separate pool then?

Either that or they sent me the wrong wait list letter and I was on high wait list.

Not a troll post. I figure that I was on normal wait list based on what the wait list letter said.

However, I am a graduate student. Not sure if that changes anything. Maybe I was in a separate pool then?

Either that or they sent me the wrong wait list letter and I was on high wait list.

Ohh, they don't tell you anything in your letter. You have to email to figure out whether you're high/normal/low. Congrats!

Archived