Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread 2017

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys - question for you!

I was placed on the waitlist with a 3.92 GPA but after my last year of undergrad my GPA has been updated to 3.86. So ultimately this good for everyone else on the waitlist haha, but does anyone have an idea how this might affect my ranking position? Anyone else's GPA drop? 

- T

Hi Canadian Guy...I cannot answer your question but can only tell you that I worked super hard this year with some very difficult classes.  My GPA  posted on the med app went up by .06.  So whether or not med admissions actually takes this into account....who knows? This is a very painful wait.  

It would be best to call the admission office to see if your ranking changes. Also, I wanted to let you guys know that the date to confirm my offer was today (I got accepted on June 6th and today was the deadline) so I speculate that there may be more movement tomorrow. Hang in there, guys! 

Still feeling quite surreal, I guess things will start to sink in when I start registering for courses in July :) 

I never called the admissions to ask about my ranking since I know they won't tell me. But I assume asking the impact of updated GPA in the ranking list may be reasonable?? I am not sure. Even if they don't tell you, it seems like asking for the status of waitlist movement seemed to have been answered previously. 

I feel you all, sometimes you really want to know what is going on but at the same time, ignorance may be bliss.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived