Premed 101 Forums

2017 Queen's Waitlist Poll

Queen's waitlist 2017  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the option that best describes your situation with respect to Queen's medicine admissions.

• Offered admission but will be declining to accept another offer
    • Removing self from waitlist to accept another offer
    • On the waitlist with no other offers
    • Will be accepting the offer and attending Queen's
    • Rejected post-interview
    • On multiple waitlists (including Queen's) with no offers
    • ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Health_in_Perspective90 said:

Hey all! Frequent lurker with the occasional post! 

I have a colleague who heard back this past week. You just never know. Let's hope there's another move on the waitlist wave! 

This past week... as in this week or the week before?

I have been a long lurker here, but after the quiet day today, I am officially going to peace out of this thread for the sake of my mental wellbeing :) 

wishing you guys ALL the best for whatevers left of this year and next year. Round 3, here I come ! -_- 

I'm personally going back to school for another special year (i graduated) to qualify for Western (assuming they don't change their MCAT requirement, fingers crossed) and do a thesis with my current PI. 

Apparently you don't get osap as a non degree students so i probably will need to work a bit this summer :(

What are your plans?

38 minutes ago, iFlayx said:

I'm personally going back to school for another special year (i graduated) to qualify for Western (assuming they don't change their MCAT requirement, fingers crossed) and do a thesis with my current PI. 

Apparently you don't get osap as a non degree students so i probably will need to work a bit this summer :(

What are your plans?

Rewrite the mcat for western and mac. Hope its worth the trouble in the end 

Smash cars, are you guys serious?  Personally not on Queen's waitlist. You guys should spend time improving yourself for the next cycle instead.  You are all good since you are on the waitlist, improve yourself to make sure you are not next year.  At least that is what I am going to do.  I am on Ottawa and an oop waitlist but I know for sure if I improve myself next year, I will be there for sure.  Don't give up, you are almost there this year, just work harder to make sure yourself to be there next year.

17 minutes ago, Medis said:

Smash cars, are you guys serious?  Personally not on Queen's waitlist. You guys should spend time improving yourself for the next cycle instead.  You are all good since you are on the waitlist, improve yourself to make sure you are not next year.  At least that is what I am going to do.  I am on Ottawa and an oop waitlist but I know for sure if I improve myself next year, I will be there for sure.  Don't give up, you are almost there this year, just work harder to make sure yourself to be there next year.

A little humour can go a long way, especially during stressful times. I'm sure they're not ACTUALLY going around smashing random people's cars :P

41 minutes ago, InternistInTraining said:

Its just been so awefully quite here lately. Usually there is more than just the first round

Yeah that's so weird! I'll try and count the fb group (and subtract upper years/people who went to other schools) for you guys because I have nothing better to do B)

Edit: Don't wanna give false hope, because there may be people who haven't joined the group yet but it looks like there's ~80ish non-upper years!

2 hours ago, Sauna said:

Yeah that's so weird! I'll try and count the fb group (and subtract upper years/people who went to other schools) for you guys because I have nothing better to do B)

Edit: Don't wanna give false hope, because there may be people who haven't joined the group yet but it looks like there's ~80ish non-upper years!

I can see the inner altruistic self that got you into med 

Archived