Premed 101 Forums

2017 Queen's Waitlist Poll

Queen's waitlist 2017  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the option that best describes your situation with respect to Queen's medicine admissions.

• Offered admission but will be declining to accept another offer
    • Removing self from waitlist to accept another offer
    • On the waitlist with no other offers
    • Will be accepting the offer and attending Queen's
    • Rejected post-interview
    • On multiple waitlists (including Queen's) with no offers
    • ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST

I know I am not on the wait list or anything, but I just wanted to say, I am proud of all of you. If this year wasn't your time, then maybe next year, or the next year. Myself, it took me awhile to overcome the negative feelings associated with this rejection I got after landing my first and only interview, after doing these applications for 4 years, and working so many months at interview practice. I've been here before and know how some of you may feel, witnessing friends and fellow forum pre-meds getting in while being left behind, and I get it. But know this, you are all intelligent, wonderful people. You got an interview, Queen's believes in you too. We will work together next year to get those interviews, and finally, land a spot in a coveted acceptance. Cheers to the 2021's, and here is to the future 2022's, '23's, etc :).

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-06-07 at 3:10 PM, InternistInTraining said:

I can see the inner altruistic self that got you into med 

Haha thanks but I was being serious, my day consists of going to the gym and then having nothing to do all day so I'm pretty bored lol

On 2017-06-07 at 10:25 PM, IMislove said:

I know I am not on the wait list or anything, but I just wanted to say, I am proud of all of you. If this year wasn't your time, then maybe next year, or the next year. Myself, it took me awhile to overcome the negative feelings associated with this rejection I got after landing my first and only interview, after doing these applications for 4 years, and working so many months at interview practice. I've been here before and know how some of you may feel, witnessing friends and fellow forum pre-meds getting in while being left behind, and I get it. But know this, you are all intelligent, wonderful people. You got an interview, Queen's believes in you too. We will work together next year to get those interviews, and finally, land a spot in a coveted acceptance. Cheers to the 2021's, and here is to the future 2022's, '23's, etc :).

You are my favourite human <3

3 hours ago, Cherrysoda_26 said:

Huge congrats!! That must be the most amazing feeling :)

Do you mind sharing how they contacted you? (Eg call or email first, time stamp, etc)

Thank you! I received an email at 9:30am. 

1 hour ago, kathbro2 said:

As an FYI, I have a feeling nobody will hear anything until at least Tuesday, June 20th - looks like Solus is going through an upgrade and will be "unavailable" until then. The wait is killer!

The class was full last year by June 14th, and the year before that it was June 25th. I think it's likely that we're near the very end of offers being made and I'm pretty much expecting the "class is full" email any day now. Though I suppose technically there's still a non-zero chance for an offer until we do get that final email, I would speculate that offers are being made one-by-one with short deadlines to accept, so movement now may be minimal. Although Queen's doesn't, it's why other schools will shorten the waitlist as seats fill up in the class, ie. those near the bottom of waitlist realistically unlikely to receive an offer are notified of regrets... so, you know, they can move on with stuff and things :)

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, wsljoan said:

Just to confirm - the "class is full" email hasn't been sent out yet, right? And they will send one, right? Not sure what's taking so long this year...

I still haven't gotten an email, but at this point I think its safe to assume that at most 1 more person might get in (if someone drops out due to unforeseen circumstances).

I just wanted to leave the waitlistees who haven't been accepted anywhere with some words of encouragement. I know exactly how it feels to be in your position. I never got off of Queen's waitlist last cycle. All of you that had the opportunity to interview should be very proud of yourselves. It truly is an accomplishment to reach this stage considering the incredible competition. My advice is to take a few days to grieve. After that get working on your apps for the next cycle. Analyze your application and see where you can improve (interview skills, ECs, etc.) and give it another shot. Despite being in 3 cycles I have yet to matriculate and am still determined to do so. Let me serve as an example of the tenacity that this process demands. Hopefully the upcoming cycle will be the one. Good luck to all. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived