Premed 101 Forums

2017 Queen's Waitlist Poll

Queen's waitlist 2017  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the option that best describes your situation with respect to Queen's medicine admissions.

• Offered admission but will be declining to accept another offer
    • Removing self from waitlist to accept another offer
    • On the waitlist with no other offers
    • Will be accepting the offer and attending Queen's
    • Rejected post-interview
    • On multiple waitlists (including Queen's) with no offers
    • ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang in there friends! The FB group just increased by a lot of people, but DON'T FREAK OUT - most of them are UPPER years! (I know this because I have the same mutual friends with the people that just got added who are all current students). 

Feeling pretty bummed right now :(. I was so confident initially that I had this because I felt my performance was really solid on every station (and this is coming from someone who trained for MMI for more than 2 months). How are you guys holding out?

Exact same feeling....I felt like I did pretty well :/ After getting waitlisted I felt like maybe today would be the day :( Oh well, just got to keep on waiting!!

Am starting to think there is way more to the equation than the interview

I think ECs and interview are taken into account for the final decision, maybe even reference letters. The only thing that is certain, is that GPA and MCAT play no role past trimming down the applicant pool.

No sorry! I'm in for the speculation, still on the list...

I am in the same boat as you guys, I felt like I rocked the interview. Was able to overcome any nervousness and showed my very best self.

It would be really devastating to find out that the interview was the only source of info for ranking, because I'm not sure how to do better..

ECs are not great, have been working in research for a long time, grad school for the last year and a half, I volunteer as much as I can with science education organizations and have shadowed physicians but nothing really long term...

Who knows... Some transparency to this decision would be so wildly appreciated.. 

Of course it's speculation, but I'm kind of puzzled how there can be significant waitlist movement to come...

Most of the class is from Ontario, and as it's been said, accepting an offer at another Ontario school removes you automatically from the waitlist at other omsas schools. So that begs the question, what common situations occur where the those on the waitlisted offered a spot yesterday would actually decline? Out of province applicants who accepted a non-OMSAS school but left themselves on the queens wait list just because? Or perhaps someone who was on the waitlist at two schools and offered acceptance at both within the same week (thus declining queens)? Thoughts?

(We need something to keep us busy until next Wednesday... :)

Considering that most ontario medical schools send out waitlist offers this week, many people will decline their queens offer in favour of another school. I have several friends who are on multiple waitlists, and would much rather attend another school than queens. You can even see how many people in this poll voted "on multiple waitlists with no offers". 

No sorry! I'm in for the speculation, still on the list...

I am in the same boat as you guys, I felt like I rocked the interview. Was able to overcome any nervousness and showed my very best self.

It would be really devastating to find out that the interview was the only source of info for ranking, because I'm not sure how to do better..

ECs are not great, have been working in research for a long time, grad school for the last year and a half, I volunteer as much as I can with science education organizations and have shadowed physicians but nothing really long term...

Who knows... Some transparency to this decision would be so wildly appreciated..

I know exactly how you feel. Thinking about my answers, up till i got the decision, i wouldnt really change much about any of them. I realize no answer can ever be perfect, but that was as almost about as good as gets. And my ECs are actually great, as judged by friends in med.

On a side note, is anyone here waiting for multiple schools?

Archived