Premed 101 Forums

Financing For Quebec Student

Hi, 

I have received an offer of admission from Ottawa (french stream) and it really is my first choice, but the tuition fees are 5 times those of Quebec universities. Do anybody if there is a kind of financing that is offered from the Quebec government for student going to study elsewhere in Canada?

Hi, 

I have received an offer of admission from Ottawa (french stream) and it really is my first choice, but the tuition fees are 5 times those of Quebec universities. Do anybody if there is a kind of financing that is offered from the Quebec government for student going to study elsewhere in Canada?

There is.

Have a look at this document from AFE : http://www.afe.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/AFE/documents/Publications/AFE/PUBL_Aide_votre_portee_2014_2015.pdf

Page 11 of the document (Partie 1, page 4).

Sont reconnus pour l’attribution de prêts et de bourses les types d’établissements d’enseignement et les programmes d’études énumérés ci-après :

Université d’Ottawa, telle que reconnue (agréée) par sa province - Programme de médecine, à l’exclusion de toute période de stage de formation professionnelle rémunéré (résidence en médecine) - Enseignement universitaire

Archived