Premed 101 Forums

Prime Minus 0.5%

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked about this earlier in a different thread - but have people started to hear more about prime mins 0.5%?  It was already very new to see prime minus 0.25%!

gezz you are right we just got the prime -0.25% which was amazing. 

let us know - it would be very odd to adjust it that fast as still not everyone has the 0.25% yet so we are still in a situation where some banks have a competitive advantage. 

As far as I know it doesn't actually exist. One user here talked about it which sent everyone in a frenzy, but his application got denied so I don't think any bank will actually offer and successfully get it to go through. If it does though, let us know.

@RicardoKaká I called today and they told me prime + 0.5%

I was like that's not competitive at all and they're like we can do prime - 0.25%

If you could let us know what they tell you that'd be great

I'd tell them to go to hell the moment they try to pull a quick one and get you to sign for prime + anything, to be honest.

@RicardoKaká I called today and they told me prime + 0.5%

I was like that's not competitive at all and they're like we can do prime - 0.25%

If you could let us know what they tell you that'd be great

Trying to trick unsuspecting premeds. Either a very unaware advisor, or sneaky - because how did they know then to counter with prime - .25?

I'd tell them to go to hell the moment they try to pull a quick one and get you to sign for prime + anything, to be honest.

ha just posted on how this is a long term relationship. An appropriate level of trust is important (definitely not too little, but not so much that you aren't fully controlling what is going on). 

Honestly I would have walked away if someone pulled something like that as well. I don't have time for games, and I believe in arming myself with information to protect myself from stuff like that. Now people can make mistakes but +0.5% is a big, big mistake. 

Leave sleazy car salesmen tactics to sleazy car lots. The interaction above all else should be professional.

Willing to give me Prime  -0.25%, Platinum Travel Visa Card, all inclusive day to day chequing account and a free BOOM 2 Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker.

Doesn't seem like a bad deal, and I am with TD already so makes things convenient.

Said it would take ~1-2 weeks to setup and have access to my funds. 

Willing to give me Prime  -0.25%, Platinum Travel Visa Card, all inclusive day to day chequing account and a free BOOM 2 Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker.

Doesn't seem like a bad deal, and I am with TD already so makes things convenient.

Aww totally feel like I got the short end of the stick... Got the gold amex travel card + gold visa and no waterproof wireless bluetooth speaker...

:'(

I work at TD so these mof*ckas better give me the same offer lol I already have the First Class Travel Visa and the All-Inclusive Checking account, gonna go sit with an advisor this week to open up the LOC. They get crazy sales for opening that, so I know they would be more then willing to do it. I hope as an employee I can get a super competitive interest rate, even though yours sounds pretty spectacular already. 

I work at TD so these mof*ckas better give me the same offer lol I already have the First Class Travel Visa and the All-Inclusive Checking account, gonna go sit with an advisor this week to open up the LOC. They get crazy sales for opening that, so I know they would be more then willing to do it. I hope as an employee I can get a super competitive interest rate, even though yours sounds pretty spectacular already. 

What do you mean by crazy sales? Is it like commission?

Aww totally feel like I got the short end of the stick... Got the gold amex travel card + gold visa and no waterproof wireless bluetooth speaker...

:'(

Yeah Scotia is giving a similar package to TD...not much different tbh and I've personally found more flexibility in perks with Scotia.

Had a meeting with RBC - offering only prime, not -0.25% (barely sat through the whole thing after hearing that). Met with TD as well and yes they are throwing in the Bluetooth speaker, until Oct 31 this year I believe. I asked the advisor about negotiating for Prime-0.5 and he said: if there is a letter frm another bank saying they will offer this then he will try for it..I don't think the P-0.5 is true. Meeting with Scotia in the near future- What are everyone's thoughts on the visa cards offered by TD vs. Scotia? Is Scotia better in that regard?

What do you mean by crazy sales? Is it like commission?

It's not necessarily commission per say, it's more of the fact that they're creating a long-term customer which generates a huge amount of volume for them, and for TD. So they have sales goals they have to meet, and by getting someone to sign up for a 275,000 LOC, TD will make a crap load of money in the long run, and that advisor will get all the 'credit' for that. 

Archived