Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist 2017

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On May 27, 2017 at 0:14 PM, MDA said:

Does anyone know if there was any movement yesterday?

I haven't heard of any movement yet. But considering it likely takes a bit of time to process declines, hopefully there will be some offers sent out in the next couple of days!

Hey everyone! So I've noticed that there has been quite a few views on this topic so I'm assuming there are at least of few of you out there who have been frequenting the forum who are on the waitlist also! I was thinking it would be nice if we could all let each other know where we are on the waitlist and if we have heard of any movement or have any thoughts on it :)

I am on the top third of the waitlist and the only movement I've heard of so far is the two IP applicants that apricotjam informed us of!

Hey! I honestly feel I make up like 50% of those views... I'm freaking out haha! Patience is not a strength of mine per se. After seeing Bio17's post I decided to finally join the forum site. I am also in the top third of the waitlist (IP). 

I have also only heard of those 2 IP friends of apricotjam's, as well as another potentially different applicant! So maaaybe 3 in total.  

:) I hope more movement happens soon, during the beginning of June now! 

26 minutes ago, Temple10 said:

Hey! I honestly feel I make up like 50% of those views... I'm freaking out haha! Patience is not a strength of mine per se. After seeing Bio17's post I decided to finally join the forum site. I am also in the top third of the waitlist (IP). 

I have also only heard of those 2 IP friends of apricotjam's, as well as another potentially different applicant! So maaaybe 3 in total.  

:) I hope more movement happens soon, during the beginning of June now! 

Haha thanks for the reply! it's nice to hear from someone else who is also going crazy! I've spent a lot of time looking at the waitlist forums from past years and it looks like a significant amount of movement continues to happen in June ad even July. Also, last year there was a couple administrative delays throughout the process that prevented them from sending out offers immediately. So I'm hoping our chances are still pretty good. The waiting is terrible though haha

I am also in the top third and I have also been checking this thread rather frequently! I have also not heard of any movement. I have heard of more people declining their offers, than offers given out, so I am hoping they are just slow on sending out new offers. Most people who got in off the waitlist that I know heard back in June. Waiting sucks but I'm sure it will work out!

5 minutes ago, Agirlwithhopesanddreams said:

I am also in the top third and I have also been checking this thread rather frequently! I have also not heard of any movement. I have heard of more people declining their offers, than offers given out, so I am hoping they are just slow on sending out new offers. Most people who got in off the waitlist that I know heard back in June. Waiting sucks but I'm sure it will work out!

I'm thinking (and hoping) that is the case! Another thing to consider, that may cause a delay, is the process of offering people who were not given their site preference in their initial offers the option to switch as declines come in. I'm assuming this delays the process of sending out offers to the waitlist as well.

I've been lurking around here too. It seems there are seven of us on this forum who are in the top third.

Even though everyone in the top third has been accepted each year for the past ten years, a little voice in my brain can't help but fret that this year might be different. This wait is surprisingly stressful :unsure:

16 minutes ago, Notra said:

I've been lurking around here too. It seems there are seven of us on this forum who are in the top third.

Even though everyone in the top third has been accepted each year for the past ten years, a little voice in my brain can't help but fret that this year might be different. This wait is surprisingly stressful :unsure:

Well just know that you are not alone! Haha I have the same thoughts every day. Just have to keep telling ourselves that we have statistics on our side! :P

8 minutes ago, Temple10 said:

None at all... I am not a fan of how quiet it has felt to be. 

Neither am I... although if you look on the waitlist forum from last year it was very similar. It may be the case that there are delays that are preventing/delaying them from sending out offers. Previous years have also stated that the most movement tends to happen after June 20th. I find it hard to believe that none of us on here will receive an offer! At least I hope that's not the case :/ How does everyone else feel?

Hi Guys,

Didn't realize there is a new forum, but great idea! I'm in the top 1/3 and am yet to hear back. However I have been following the FB group for the incoming class to get a general idea of where they are at in terms of numbers. I realize it won't be completely accurate, but students are added to the fb group once they accept an offer I believe. Currently there are 65 people in the group. So even if that number is +/- 5 I think the waitlist still has lots of movement ahead (hopefully). Hope we all get good news soon!

1 hour ago, Zuri said:

Hi Guys,

Didn't realize there is a new forum, but great idea! I'm in the top 1/3 and am yet to hear back. However I have been following the FB group for the incoming class to get a general idea of where they are at in terms of numbers. I realize it won't be completely accurate, but students are added to the fb group once they accept an offer I believe. Currently there are 65 people in the group. So even if that number is +/- 5 I think the waitlist still has lots of movement ahead (hopefully). Hope we all get good news soon!

That's a good way to look at it! Thanks for the info. Hopefully you are correct and the emails start rolling in soon for us all! :)

Archived