Premed 101 Forums

Do any upper year students have advice for affordable housing close to campus (on campus would be even better)? I prefer either one bedroom or two bedroom max, and can someone also explain how the on campus apartments work...do they fill up quick? When should we reserve them by?

I'm not going to Schulich but I did undergrad at Western (and lived off campus for 3 yrs):

I lived on the south side of campus and paid between 500-600 in rent including utilities and random things like internet and stuff. Most of my friends paid around that much as well. If you're living on the south side I'd suggest judging the location of your house relative to wharncliffe road. Thats your lifeline bus route to the university (you'd be taking that route multiple times everyday most likely).

The on-campus residence hall is called London Hall. Its on the south side too. International students, upper year undergrads as well as graduate students all live here and its pretty much right on the periphery of campus and super close to the rec center gym. There's also a pizzahut and great shawarma place across the street.

I know there are a ton of apartments (1-2 beds) on the north side of campus (i.e. on richmond street right by the gates of the university). One that immediately comes to mind is Luxe which is "student luxury living". Its a bit on the expensive side but has a lot of amenities and is a beautiful place. For deadlines to apply i'd just call hosuing up directly and inquire for the most accurate time frames!

Do any upper year students have advice for affordable housing close to campus (on campus would be even better)? I prefer either one bedroom or two bedroom max, and can someone also explain how the on campus apartments work...do they fill up quick? When should we reserve them by?

We will release a housing guide soon :) Keep an eye out on the facebook group!

Archived