Premed 101 Forums

Usually a couple days after the deadline

yup usually - they have to finalize everything, and the deadline is obviously well outside of business hours. Plus they have to process all those unspecified campus stuff as well, and have all the other schools have the acceptances processed to have them removed from the waitlist. 

ha - we will at some point have a better way of doing this :)

Not everyone is on pm101 so nothing to necessarily worry about. Posts from last year showed Windsor high WL people as of the second day of them calling I think, which is consistent with what we've seen this year so far. Ultimately if you're on the high WL it'll be fine, normal WL who knows...!

Not everyone is on pm101 so nothing to necessarily worry about. Posts from last year showed Windsor high WL people as of the second day of them calling I think, which is consistent with what we've seen this year so far. Ultimately if you're on the high WL it'll be fine, normal WL who knows...!

yeah the high waitlist isn't that big for obvious reasons. 

I wonder what "not that big" actually means. It's a bit hard to grasp for a Qc applicant who sees the McGill WL move by 10-20 ppl max every year haha

well roughly it seems the class is 1/3 off the waitlist.  So that is roughly 50ish give or take. 

I expect soon we will hear someone from the normal waitlist being pulled if things go as normal :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, f011235813 said:

Excellent. Did you get off the Ottawa waitlist too?

Unfortunately no, waiting to see if I heard from Ottawa was why I waited about as long as I could to accept Mac, but hey I'm really not down about it because I'm so happy to be going to McMaster :)

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Medis said:

Don't think Western send out class full email in the past.  Anyway, if you have not receive an offer from any med school yet (like me), you should prepare yourself for the next cycle instead.

Western sends out class full emails, but they have been sent out late August in past years. Also, I've heard of people in the past getting accepted in August, but it's very rare, and as you said, it would be best to start preparing for next cycle.

Archived