Premed 101 Forums

Queer, Trans & Lbgt2S+ Med Students

hey everyone,

having searched the site for anything positive about this a few times now without great results, i just wanted to write a note to any queer, trans, two spirit, or otherwise LGBTQ+ med school hopefuls to let you know that you won't be alone, and for those of us who don't have normative gender presentations, you can get through the interview process.

obviously, different schools have different cultures and some will be more or less supportive, and factors like racialization, assigned sex, and many others will shape your experiences.  but we still get through, and are here, and will be physicians serving our communities and all communities. national organizations like the CFMS have LGBT+ groups, most med schools have LGBT+ interest groups, and there are online groups of other queer & trans med students you can connect with.

if you're a queer or trans med student in canada and want to connect with others, PM me. if you're thinking about how to talk about LGBTQ+ community work on your apps, or trying to figure out how what the hell to wear on interview day, happy to chat. i'm not on here very often but will be checking my inbox periodically.

bon courage! 

(for the sake of people searching the forums trying to find this kinda info in the future: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual) 

Archived