Premed 101 Forums

Although difficult to do, you cannot let setbacks affect your attitude toward yourself or your self-confidence. Detours and setbacks are part of the game of life. It is important to persevere and always stay motivated, no matter what happens. Indeed, keeping my eye on the goal and staying motivated kept me working hard and overcoming the obstacles I faced. In med school, I failed an exam and had to rewrite, same happened as a resident. You pick yourself up, self-reflect, return to your confident self and do what you have to do, try again or whatever. We learn from our failures much more than from our successes. Felling like a loser is contrary to the facts and only plays to your disadvantage! Your real competition is yourself, to be the best you can be. You can do no more than that. So, focusing on others is a big waste of energy and is not productive. Life itself is difficult and competitive, we do not need to make it even harder on ourselves by developing a poor self-concept. On the contrary, we should be confident that we are doing our very best, and then, we let the chips fall where they may, always seeking to improve. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/30/2017 at 2:11 PM, Pippa756 said:

Hi OP: A buddy passed on this MMI question bank to me: https://bemoacademicconsulting.com/blog/files/sample-mmi-practice-questions Might give you some starting of material for when you start your MMI prepping/practice. Not sure if anyone else here has come across other practice MMI questions - I am sure there are others out there.

Does anyone else have further examples of practice questions/resources? Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Archived