Premed 101 Forums

New Site Layout

Waves

So is everyone just going to ignore that there's a new site in place? It's not just me right? Are there any new features we should be aware of? Are signatures and the ability to see who else is viewing a particular subforum/topic gone?

5 minutes ago, Waves said:

So is everyone just going to ignore that there's a new site in place? It's not just me right? Are there any new features we should be aware of? Are signatures and the ability to see who else is viewing a particular subforum/topic gone?

Yes the forum has undergone an update. Signatures seem to be gone unfortunately.

Are there particular subforms / topics which you notice are missing / inaccessible? Please bring this to our attention.

38 minutes ago, ArchEnemy said:

Yes the forum has undergone an update. Signatures seem to be gone unfortunately.

Are there particular subforms / topics which you notice are missing / inaccessible? Please bring this to our attention.

No, there aren't any subforums/topics missing. I was just commenting on how we can't see who else is currently viewing a certain topic anymore, but I guess that isn't important anyway.

33 minutes ago, HiHopes said:

I liked that, though :P

Same, I liked it too!

40 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

I think signatures were wiped the function for them is still there under the profile I thought - I will have to check on that. 

Doesn't seem to be. :( Although everything on this site should be taken with a grain of salt, signatures are still kind of a good indicator as to how reliable a user is, at least to me.

5 hours ago, LittleDaisy said:

Personally, I was so scared that the forum was hacked lol! Been here since premed, time flies by fast!

Glad that it is back with the new layout! I think that signature gives some credibility :)

working on it :) I am pretty sure it is a module we just didn't get installed by default

3 minutes ago, 1629fan said:

Would it be within the realm of possibility to add "flairs" similar to what "R3ddit" users experience?  Something like signatures, where Premed101 users can have the option to include current school, year, and degree!

I second this. I think this would be a good idea if possible!

I miss the second version of the forum. The one that ran from the mid  to late 2000's. It was the best IMHO.

We gotta get the signatures back. It provides context. 

Even better have a rank system like SDN. Med students, residents and staff are deferentiated by a "badge" indicating status placed under your username. 

16 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

hmm you are right - i can see the signature of others and edit them. I cannot however see my own. Next question is whether an other moderator can edit my signature but I cannot :)

I can't see my own signature as well, but I can see and edit your signature :lol: Interesting.

25 minutes ago, ArchEnemy said:

I can't see my own signature as well, but I can see and edit your signature :lol: Interesting.

This is going to be a matter of trust then ha! I am going to have to get someone to change mine and return the favour until we straighten this out. 

Archived