Premed 101 Forums

Courseload requirements

Hi everyone, 

Just wondering if I would still be able to apply and have a chance of acceptance for the 2018 admission cycle if only my first and third year of university are counted? I only took 4 courses one semester in second year, one of which was a DE and therefore I don't think I can count this year when applying.

31 minutes ago, medhopeful7748 said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wondering if I would still be able to apply and have a chance of acceptance for the 2018 admission cycle if only my first and third year of university are counted? I only took 4 courses one semester in second year, one of which was a DE and therefore I don't think I can count this year when applying.

Regardless of what is said here, I would directly email the office of admissions and get a formal reply. Some of the situations are so nuanced that the discussion here is only speculative.

Hi,

I would agree with qnzjlo, but I'll offer you what they told me. You are allowed one DE course per semester, provided that you have 4 other in-class courses. That means that you will be told one of two things: you have to take an extra course in the summer (or during the school year), or your second year will not count as a full year, in terms of courseload.

Could you let us know what response you get when emailing?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2017 at 10:08 PM, SoraAde said:

Hi,

I would agree with qnzjlo, but I'll offer you what they told me. You are allowed one DE course per semester, provided that you have 4 other in-class courses. That means that you will be told one of two things: you have to take an extra course in the summer (or during the school year), or your second year will not count as a full year, in terms of courseload.

Could you let us know what response you get when emailing?

OP - did you get a response to this yet? If you did, please do share.

Hi guys, 

I got an email back from Ottawa Admissions today saying that I would be able to apply with my first and third year courses. However, because I only took 4 credits in my one semester of second year and one of these was a DE course, I will be unable to include my full second year of studies in the admissions.

Hope this helped a bit! :)

Archived