Premed 101 Forums

When to tell admissions about name change

Hi everyone-

Looking for a current Dal student's help on this one. I am getting married this summer and taking my husband's name. I applied under my maiden name. When do you think is the best time to let admissions know about my name change? I'm wondering if once student accounts and emails are set up, would it be a pain to have to change all of that into my correct name. I was just accepted this week, so things are still being set up for me right now.

Thanks!

Good point. Ahh that's annoying. I'll have my email and everything set up under my maiden name probably. We get married in a month, but it takes 10 weeks for the marriage certificate to come in from the province, and only then can you start applying to get your gov't IDs changed.

Your email will be setup as yournetid@dal.ca, and it is very easy to change to whatever you want it to be. Also, once you make the change with the Registrar, it should update the whole system so your new married name will be consistent across the system.

Also, congrats on getting in!

Hey Medis, Thanks, yes it has been a really crazy, exciting, and tough year. Planning a wedding, writing the MCAT, and applying to 14 medical schools is not advisable haha.

But yes we are so happy!

Next year will be your year. It will be here before you know it!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived