Premed 101 Forums

Scotiabank LOC deal?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the standard at Scotia is $275k at P-0.25%, all-inclusive banking with all fees waived, and a Scotia Gold Amex + Gold Passport (my advisor said he could wave the fees on the Momentum Visa too, but not guaranteed for all 4 years).

It was between RBC and Scotia for me as well, they offered me pretty similar packages - Scotia had way better credit cards, while RBC has a 2-year grace period for repayments (vs. 1 for Scotia). I asked my Scotia advisor and he mentioned the department is looking into extending the grace period to two years as well, so I decided to go with it. Even if they leave it at 1, I probably would have gone for Scotia anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Naturefeelzz said:

RBC gives unlimited free e-transfers while Scotia only gives 2 free per month. Consider that if you have multiple bank accounts or if you have rent to pay.. RBC has the upper hand there. 

At 1$ a pop, I wouldn't even take that into account when making my decision. The Scotia credit cards are much more interesting in terms of points and protection. That would matter more for most.

In the end, the most important thing still remains to select the right advisor.

On 2017-07-13 at 10:23 AM, Coronaxtra said:

So I'm guessing you can just go to your advisor and get this switched to two years even if you signed it before?

I didn't even have to ask - I had emailed about having the interest rate change and the advisor told me the grace period was now two years. It also now says two years on the features and benefits info sheet for the Scotia SPSP.  

Archived