Premed 101 Forums

Pharmacy after bachelor's?

Mirage

Hi everyone, 

I just graduated from CEGEP and I got refused to the pharmacy program in Universite de Montreal. My alternative options are Biology in UdeM or Exercise Science in Concordi. I have smart studying partners in both programs but Concordia's program is relatively easier and getting a 4.0 GPA isnt too hard compared to Bo in UdeM., especially because I have all the tests from Concordia. Now since I eventually want to get into pharmacy, which route would be better? Appreciate a lot the help!

Great question Mirage. 

In my opinion, this answer comes down to you. Which Pharmacy schools are you considering, based on cost, distance, type of program (B.Sc vs PharmD) and current academic performance? I'd recommend you write a list of the schools, and review each schools pre-req and ranking of candidates

Using this information, then decide which courses you are interested in for your back-up plan and supplement with whichever courses you need to take to best position yourself as a candidate for the schools you'd like to attend. 

Long story short, follow your interests as you'll most likely do better. 

Archived