Premed 101 Forums

On the UBC website, it shows that the average accepted MCAT was 515 for the class of 2020 (both IP and OOP). Does anyone have a rough idea how much one can generally deviate from 515 and still gain admission (OOP), assuming TFR and interview are above average? Any insight on their holistic MCAT review post-interview would be great!

Thanks! :)

I tried to find the answer for that a while ago and the admission person I was talking to said they can't tell me how the MCAT scores are used post-interview. She said that it is 'holistic' but then again, looking at the average vs the cut-off makes me believe the bar is high 

7 hours ago, icanmakeyourmedrock said:

Accepted with a 27, below avg gpa, above avg naq, and assuming good interview. IP, but nonetheless shows that deviation is ok. 

If you look at trends I think someone with a low gpa needs to have a very good interview score, considering lots of people every year get rejected with above avg interview and ~80-82% GPA

On 2017-07-18 at 0:22 AM, icanmakeyourmedrock said:

Accepted with a 27, below avg gpa, above avg naq, and assuming good interview. IP, but nonetheless shows that deviation is ok. 

If you don't mind me asking, are you non-trad?

As far as I know, almost all acceptees with low MCAT (sub 508 or sub 30) are non-trad.

Archived