Premed 101 Forums

3.89 wGPA

I applied with a 3.94 this year with pretty good EC's (barely any research though) and I absolutely felt the burn of my GPA. All it means is your interview needs to be near flawless. You will need to get into the first interview "basket" to have a chance, meaning a perfect 4 interview score. If you think that's something you can achieve, by all means apply. 

57 minutes ago, EthicsForBreakfast said:

I applied with a 3.94 this year with pretty good EC's (barely any research though) and I absolutely felt the burn of my GPA. All it means is your interview needs to be near flawless. You will need to get into the first interview "basket" to have a chance, meaning a perfect 4 interview score. If you think that's something you can achieve, by all means apply. 

mmmm not exactly true. Yes the higher GPA the better, but as I explained in a previous post a higher interview score will do a lot more compared to a higher gpa. In fact, the first 3 baskets or interview scores (4, 3.75 and 3.6) out of the 6 baskets are almost guaranteed acceptance no matter the GPA, but in the event that the scores are tied than thats when the GPA comes in, more so for scores lower than 3.6.

You should 10000000000% apply. Do not hesitate. Even if you don't get an interview (people with 4.00 also dont get interviews too!) at least you would have gone through the casper and other processes and it won't be new for next time. Also, write your MCAT and apply across the province. McMaster takes people with 3.6/3.7.

Mr Duck

6 hours ago, meltedbrain said:

Not sure if its worth applying this round, any thoughts or recommendations? EC's are average, nothing stellar.

I agree with Mr. Duck, definitely apply! I remember reading that the average GPA of accepted applicants in past years has been in the low 3.9s, so it's possible to be accepted with a GPA in the high 3.8s. You lose nothing except the application fee by applying. 

Good luck! :)

Archived